m4 stock help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 stock help

I have an M4 project I'm working on and currently struggling with the stock.
    I've never worked on a stock however and I'm having a little issue. The M4 i got to work on was in a horrific state and the stock tube was taped on. Now I can't figure out what part is missing that should hold the stock tube in place. Should it be on the body or on the stock tube?
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Re: m4 stock help

Hi Roxy could we have some pic's please ?

most stock tubes slide on the back of the body , Also what make is it ? as ICS are different to standard AEG's
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I have no idea what make, it's cheap and plastic. Possibly early JG.

Will try and get some pics up later

Comment

I do have a couple of m4's here in parts but i am going to use some old photos of mine from different guides
        parts for a m4 carbine stock

back of the body , yours should have this ! the stock tubes slides on to it , and goes in this order : body plate - stock tube - bolt and large washer ( the bolt goes in to the spring guide in the gearbox - some gb's use a nut )
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I think i can see what's missing already.
          Is that little nub (under where the stock tube slides on) a vital part of stock attachment?

Comment

Not sure which 'nub' you mean, pop open paint and circle which bit you mean?

If it's the slight cutout at the top of the cavity where the wires are coming from, that's not always necessary, only when you're rear-wiring.
            Some receivers come with it already cut, or a small channel on the underside of the mounting stump. This is just for the wires to run along into the stock tube without getting crushed

Affixing a stock tube is as simple as sliding the tube over the stump on the receiver and threading the long bolt through the thick washer and popping it down the tube, then screwing it into the back of the receiver (small hole inside the stump)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
            Working...
            X