I dropped a screw into my motor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dropped a screw into my motor...

Hi there, i was fitting a magpul grip to my G&P sentry this morning. I removed the scews holding the wires in place from the top of the motor and slid it out of the grip.

I then tried putting these two small screws back into the motor so as not to loose them.

Oh how i laughed having succsesfully put one screw back, the loose one tumbles down into the nether regions of the motor.

For the life of me i can;t shake it out, and while i can probably get a replacement screw, i would not want to use the motor while there is a loose screw inside it.

Are there any guides to taking apart a motor or should i just shell out for a new one?

Re: I dropped a screw into my motor...

Part of me (a VERY big part) wants to laugh as this is punishment for fitting anything magpul!

But, try turning the motor using the shaft and shaking again, it's possible that you can get it out. If not, then shaking it may get it into a position where you can use tweezers to reach it.

Moral of the story, magpul is sent by the devil to f*** up airsoft guns!
    sigpic

Comment

just tried this, could only twist it some of the way before something (the screw) stopped its movement either way.

The M120 motor is out of stock every where.

Any reccomendations for replacement motor to a internally unmodified G&P sentry.

I am worried that a M170 motor or similar will destroy the internals...

Comment

chances are your screw is attached to the magnet in the motor

I'm a big fan of the tm motors personally.
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Cant it be dissasembled?

Comment

You can dissasemble an M120, though only so far without a pinion puller.

You may be able to get it out with just taking the end bell apart. Its fairly simple.

1: Remove brush springs
            2: Remove brushes
            3: Unscrew screws on both sides
            4: Unscrew brush spring posts ( cant remember if this part is necessary )
            5: Remove end bell

Comment

ok, im new to this technical aspect of airsoft. external stuff im happy with. internal parts, absolutely not.

However i am happy to take the m120 apart, and ready to run with Clot's suggestion, any diagrams?

Comment

It cant hurt to have a go can it realy.
                Its buggered anyway.

Comment

just need to know which parts im looking at, and what end, no idea otherwise

Comment

any suggestions then for a new motor? do i need to be carefull about which one i get as like i said i dont want the power to be too much for it to do damage. Descriptions for motors dont seem to be that specific. For example would a M170 motor rip my G&P to bits?

Also despite being the cause for my downfall, i do like the way the wires screw onto the motor, any other brands make them like these?

Comment

The end with the large white bell end....Not the pointy end.

Carefully take off the small springs that hold the brushes in, remove the brushes.

Take out the other small screw (without dropping it) then the whole lot should come off, you may need some gentle persuasion with some long nose pliers on the posts that hold the springs. Likewise I dont remember if this is required.

Or send it to me you pay the postage and I'll sort it out for you.

Depending what battery you use Ive read they are very power hungry.
                      Last edited by North West Outpost; 3 November, 2010, 18:23.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

As above, all the suggestions are great, but if you really are not comfortable doing it, take it to you local techie, airsoft retailer or otherwise, and they will probably do it for free, right in front of you, as it will probably be a easy five minute job for them.
                        sigpic

Comment

What ever you do....DO NOT force the rotor to rotate with the screw stuck in it.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sunburnthammer Find out more about sunburnthammer
                          Working...
                          X