Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3 Hop up

Hi all

I've had myself a Classic Army G3 SAR Offizier for quite some time now, the only upgrade I've made other than shimming the gears, is a new Mad Bull Black Python Version 2 tight bore barrel, which in all honesty doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

I've been doing some reading and the general impression I get is that a Hopup upgrade may well improve performance. I've no experience with these and wondered if anyone has any suggestions, or whether I'd just be better off sticking with the Classic Army one it came with? The gun is currently firing at around 290 FPS and I would like to improve on this but have limited knowledge on the subject so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

Re: G3 Hop up

if you can find a TM G3 hop-up, get it, i've heard good things.

however, i still have the JG hop in my G3, but it seems fine. i'll replace it as soon as i find a TM replacement.

Comment

Get a new bucking and nub not a hole hop up system. If you can shim a GB then surely you can stick a new spring in one?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

I would be able to replace the spring but I was under the impression that if you were to do that then other parts (although I'm not sure which) needed to be upgraded with it, again lack of knowledge on the subject has made me hold off until I got the correct advice.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

severett 39 years old, married Find out more about severett
        Working...
        X