Removing the spring in my A&K M249

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the spring in my A&K M249

Hi guys im having trouble getting the spring out of my m249. It has the quick change spring release but when i put it and and push the lever back on top of the gearbox it still wont come out. Its supposed to be really simple and take about 1 minute to do but it just wont come out. Wondring if anyone else has had this problem at all. Any help would be great. Cheers Rob

You need to push the spring in slightly as you push the tab on the top of the GB.

Comment

Re: Removinh the spring in my A&K M249

Ive been doing that already but it doesnt seem like the tb on top of the gearbox xomes up enough to release it as when i look downit doesnt seem to come up high enough to fully come out of the groove in the spring guide if you get what i mean? i dont want to force anything either

Comment

Re: Removinh the spring in my A&K M249

ive soted this now, there was a burr of metal on the casing where one of the allen bolts goes through to hold the gearbox together, it was stopping the tab lifting up enough to get the spring guide out. i just stripped the gearbox and filed the burr off and put it all back together and it works a treat now. Just looking at internal upgrades to see what fits now. Cheers for the help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kirbymeister025 Find out more about kirbymeister025
        Working...
        X