Madbull 3 in 1 LED Hop unit problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull 3 in 1 LED Hop unit problem

i have recently purchased a few of these and i am having problems with both they are fitted in CA and G&P M16A1s. the problems in which im having are that they are being fitted with madbull blue shark rubbers and air seal seem to be lacking and hop units are failing to create hop feature, they seem to either jam in the hop unit or if they manage to squeeze out the just go crazy.

it seems to me that the blue rubber is to hard and tight in the chamber, anyones help and advice on this would be useful on this, or if anyone else is having problems with this let me know your situation and what youve tried to come to a conclusion.

these hops are recommended by many retailers and players but i have nothing but problems and no solutions.
    God Made Legendary Spirit, Man's Lust Made Airsoft, Legendary Spirits Lust For Airsoft Made Him Skint ...

Re: Madbull 3 in 1 LED Hop unit problem

i have one of these as well. try turning the hop up thing so u have absolutly no spin on ya bb's. with mine i find that it always has a slight spin. which is fine as i use it for distance. but if i start tightening the hope it jams. otherwise its a good hop up.
    worse case just change the rubber

Comment

This is the same as the "ultimate" unit?

On mine I found the rubber was crumping up at the end. When you look down the barrel from the hop end (with hop all way off) it should just be a perfect circle. If it is not, then it is not sitting right. In that case, try pulling the barrel back out the unit a fraction until the shape is restored.

Mine too a good 10mins to find the sweet spot that the rubber was the right shape, and the C clip on the barrel worked!

Comment

Madbul blue hop rubbers are a b*tch to fit, as they are quite thick. When installing them trying putting a light coat of teflon or silicon grease on the outside. I also found you may have to cut them down slightly as they lengthen as they are squeezed.

Also, make sure the hop nub is not too big as that was another problem I encountered. This cause ways to much hop which will jam the BB or if it does get past give it massive over hop and very low fps.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I have just took a madbull hop rubber out of my ICS M4.
          I had to both lube it to death and cut it slightly to get it in at all and when i did 5 clicks if hop and they started jamming all the way off and they were wild.
          Coming out it was so tight it ended up being destroyed.
          Gone back to the TM rubber i had in before and its fine no jams even on full hop.
          From what has been described it sounds like they are just too thick.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
            I have just took a madbull hop rubber out of my ICS M4.
            I had to both lube it to death and cut it slightly to get it in at all and when i did 5 clicks if hop and they started jamming all the way off and they were wild.
            Coming out it was so tight it ended up being destroyed.
            Gone back to the TM rubber i had in before and its fine no jams even on full hop.
            From what has been described it sounds like they are just too thick.
            just spent the entire evening trying to fit a new ultimate unit with blue shark
            on my ics m4 ..... what a bitch have given up on it for now my observations are there is to much hop on the lowest setting and im sure i need to file the front of the unit so it picks up the mag propperly.
            any help guys would be a big help
            or madbull can wistle for my custom in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post
              just spent the entire evening trying to fit a new ultimate unit with blue shark
              on my ics m4 ..... what a bitch have given up on it for now my observations are there is to much hop on the lowest setting and im sure i need to file the front of the unit so it picks up the mag propperly.
              any help guys would be a big help
              or madbull can wistle for my custom in the future.
              come on guys give us some advice i cant get the bloody thing shooting at all.
              i took a well known shops advice on this upgrade and am extremely pissed.
              systema tightbore and ultimate hop = £££
              seriously thinking of sending it back.
              the mags wont even relaes the bb's in to the hop unit ? do i need to file down the front of the hop as it looks like the whole unit is sitting back to far by 2-3mm
              compared to the standard ics unit it just doesnt look right should i just scrap the ultimate unit stick the tightbore and hop rubber on the standard ics unit ?
              which would = £ 25 on a hop rubber .....

Comment

Personaly mate id sell it on or send it back.
                All the hassle your having getting it in and for what?
                With the exeption of the led function there isnt anything that hop unit can do that the standard ics unit cant do.

Comment

What barrels are you installing. iv had no problems fitting blue hop rubbers with madbull and systema barrels. make sure you lightly oil botht he hop rubber and hop unit.

Comment

If you took advice on it and its shite - then send it back with some advice of your own.
                    Like - I advise you to give me a refund for your "not fit for use goods".
                    Originally posted by mr lean 81
                    painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

I had one in a previous gun. When fitted properly it was brilliant. As others have said above, they do take some fitting, mine took three or four attempts using fishing pole elastic lube on the outside. Untill as James says you get a perfect circle to look through on the rear of the barrel.

I followed other advise at the time and ditched the nub for a smaller one.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by Secretsquirrel View Post
                        If you took advice on it and its shite - then send it back with some advice of your own.
                        Like - I advise you to give me a refund for your "not fit for use goods".
                        oh yeah guys
                        spoke to the reputable retailer today and had a nice chat with one of the tech guys who stated that the ultimate hop unit would not fit the ics m4
                        thanks a bunch i said, i did ask when i enquired and paid for it and stated i had a ics ..... blody numptys
                        the guy asked when i phoned (paid)... saturday ohh you must of spoken to our saturday lad.... who does not have that kind of knoledge.

anyway guys the problem is that they dont sit corectly by 2mm and the bb's wont feed.

thanks a bunch big/reputable/bigshot/idiots. dont let your spotty teenage saturday boy talk tech with your customers because they wont come back

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

legendary spirit The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his Find out more about legendary spirit
                        Working...
                        X