Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEQ or Crane Stock Battery Help

Hey Guys

Got a TM m4A1. Currently the battery is mounted in the plastic foregrip however i have purchased a metal Ris front end.

1st question is is it as easy as feeding the wires out into a peq box to store my batt in? seems to easy to be true but thought id ask. Bareing in mind there is a fure mounted in the fore grip for.

2nd question is would it be more worth my while converting to a crane stock? and how hard will it be to rewire?

last question really is what do you between the 2 peq v crane?

Cheers in advance
    USMC are that awesome even Katy Perry wears MARPAT!!

Semper Fi Mofo!

Re: PEQ or Crane Stock Battery Help

If you have never had your gun fully apart before forget rear wiring it , since you have a ris front set PEQ is going to be your only option and is simple to do or you could use a ready mag if you dont like big peq box's :P

why the peq just bolts to the ris and you feed your wiring in to the box and connet to the battery

1 thing to worry about would be the barrel/front flexing under the weight of the ris/ras and peq with a battery
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Im only using Mini batts so would this be much of a problem?? got a link for a ready mag by any chance lets have a gander that way

PEQ are around £30 ish how much is a ready mag?

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

you will pick a peq off this forum that will fit a mini bat , ready mags you can find via google and again they pop up second hand a lot
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Is there away of strengthen the fixing due to the weight?

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

Hey Guys

Had a look at my M4 last nite and looked at fitting the ris and a peq to it however theres a fuse inside the original forgrip. Is this needed?? how would you reccomend i deal this as it is connected to a plastic plate and cant get the ris on while the plate is in place.

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

Fuse IS needed to protect your electrics, but disconect it's plastic mount from the gun. Then wrap the fuse in insulating tape and just let it float in the foregrip.
              Do you get what i mean? It doesn't need to be sat in that pastic cradle

Getting some pics of PEQ now in case you still need

Comment

i advise getting a good peq, ICS I had a dboys and it fell apart after its second use. my ICS one is brilliant though, very stirdy, specially fitted battery and room for a laser.

iv'e recently figured out how rearwiring to a crane stock works (very expensively, wrecked a reciever) and tbh i think its better than using a peq, but its definately not easier and i wouldnt recommend rear wiring unless you really know what your doing.

Comment

Cheers guys.

I was looking at PEQ boxes and was thinking OMG how much!!!!

Then i see the Dboys stuff for like a tenner. Did want a box with a torch built in to save me having to buy a seprate one but the only ones i can find are torch laser combos with no battery holder

Seen a nice TM one for about £30 and by the sounds of it vension its worth spending that bit more on them.

Plan tonight the get it converted lol lets hope i do a good job lol

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mcnab360 Find out more about mcnab360
                  Working...
                  X