Motor help please need rather quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor help please need rather quick

Hi guys, taken my old motor out and replaced with a brand new one, also took the pistol grip off to have a quick check inside the gb without stripping it fully, now sounds amateur-ish, but i cant figure out how the wires once sat so that the pistol grip goes on nice and level and also the wires dont interfere with the motor, problem is where ive put it back together how i thought it went, the motor is gettin jammed into the pistol grip and the motor height adjust is rendered useless due to such a tight fit with the wires lol i need to adjust the motor so as i dont strip my new pinion.

i have an m4 obv version 2 gb and normal long motor, all standard pistol grip, just dont know how i should arrange the wires so it all slots in together requirng no force and so the motor can move freely on its spring with no resistance of the wires up against it. thanks guys any qs just ask
    sigpic

Re: Motor help please need rather quick

There are several holes in the grip -

centre for motor
    2 small ones for screws on either side of the centre hole for fixing the grip to the gearbox.
    2 slightly bigger for the wires outside of these.
    Let the wires run either side of the motor on the curved edges and then onto the terminals.
    Try that and see how you get on.
    Originally posted by mr lean 81
    painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

It's different for different makes of M4. TM have the wires both running down the back of the grip, with the red wire running from the front hole to the back across the top (gear side) of the motor, and then back across to its terminal over the bottom of the motor. G&P/CA have one wire running up each side.

Comment

cheers for the info tkos, sorted it now i was maybe just rushing things, its fine now though, i tried some strange variations and what dya know, it was the most simple and obvious that sorted it! please close
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JOE90 Small mans syndrome!!!! Find out more about JOE90
        Working...
        X