Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarder internals

Right, so I'm planning on replacing my entire M4's gearbox,

I want to do the work myself (I've been inside a V2 loads of times)

I was thinking about putting guarder parts in...they seem reasonably priced, and there is a retailer that sells it as a kit.

I'm getting a G&P 8mm gearbox, and have also found guarder switch assembly and wiring.

My main question is...are Guarder internals any good? and should I just spend the extra and get Prometheus?

CK

Edit: Or I just found a TM complete gearbox (probably whacking out 280 fps, but I can change the spring and bushings) for £80, the guarder kit is £160 and doesnt include a spring.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Re: Guarder internals

In my humble oppinion. TM are replacement parts that you know will give a reasonable reliable performance out of the box.

If you are looking at Guarder and Prommy, their parts are much better quality and in that order Prommy being the better of the two.

Don't dissmiss the Elements of this world or SHS, they are also good upgrade parts while being cheaper than the other two.

If you are looking for a gear box. Have you seen the SHS made cnc'd 7075 ally ones....Rated to M200 springs..Super sexy you can see the machining marks on the outside of the gear box. They are 8mm and come with the bearings. I would also consider helical gears if you are going all out, they give better durability by locating on more than one tooth during the cycle. Shimming needs to be top notch though.

If you want to go whole hog, that gearbox with either prommy or guarder internals and you have a really really top class gear box. One you could take out and swap if you want to change your gun at any time.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Firstly what make is the m4's current gearbox, and what's wrong with it?

Or do you just want to upgrade everything? Because if you had a Classic Army or G&P there would be no need!

Guarder kits are pretty sweet though, I have the M14 kit in mine and it runs very smoothly. That said, classic army, g&p or as you say tm second hand parts are a brilliant alternative. Probably get them cheaper, and if you shim them well they'll run forever. I'd go for ca or g&p gears over the tm gears though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

are the element internals good? I have seen a resonably priced element 9mm gearbox that interested...

Also where do Systema Energy gearboxes rate on the list of:

Prometheus/Laylax
        Guarder
        Element
        Systema Energy
        Systema CMB
        G&P

Maybe just put them in a list from best to worst.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

I have only used a Systema gear box once. It was a complete dissaster I couldnt get it to work nor could a shop I sent it to. Mind you that was a few years ago.

In terms of the products you are listing my opinion would be, with G and P at the bottom:

Prometheus/Laylax
          Guarder
          Element
          G and P

Im guessing the Systema should go above at the top of the list, but I don't know. Although G and P are at the bottom of your list you have to remember that they are very very good products. I've run them standard no tweaks on 11.1 LiPo's befor. Same with Classic Army but if you wanted to include them they would go under G and P. I like them though.

I build my own gear boxes and could confidently out perform the Systema boxes for probably half the price (spec and parts dependant). There are some lovelly cnc ally gearbox casings on the market.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
          Working...
          X