Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

AGM HK416 upgrade advice - wisdom needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM HK416 upgrade advice - wisdom needed!

I have just got an AGM HK416 full metal. Unfortunately it came with a siezed gearbox, which I have now stripped and serviced (all thanks to TB-Stalker!).
    So the gun fires now, but it doesn't seem right to me. I want to upgrade the hop, piston and gears (there was at least one missing tooth in there)

So firstly, I want to know if I can put any V2 gearbox in as long as I put the HK416 trigger into it? Or am I better off buying the gears and fitting them?

And secondly, what hop, gears and piston would you recommend, bearing in mind it's no systema AEG! Looking for reasonable performance but don't want to spend more than the gun is worth!?

Any help will be really appreciated! :D

p.s if you have any above mentioned parts, please PM me!
    Signature Removed

Re: AGM HK416 upgrade advice - wisdom needed!

To put any V2 GB in you need to change the Air nozzle and the trigger.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Ok, so if I got hold of a V2 GB, I could just take the trigger and air nozzle (unsure as to exactly what this is, but I will find out) from my GB and swap the whole lot over!
      That might make life easier, and save the cost of a gear and piston etc set.
      Thanks for your help!

Still looking for advice on hop and pros & cons with GB or just a gear change
      Signature Removed

Comment

Well unless the unit its self is broken or not working properly just get a TM/Guarder clear rubber and a TB and stick them in. Then you will have a pretty nice weapon.

A brain?

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
          Well unless the unit its self is broken or not working properly just get a TM/Guarder clear rubber and a TB and stick them in. Then you will have a pretty nice weapon.
          At risk of sounding like a complete idiot: What is a TB? or was it a typo, meant to be GB? I'm looking a a V2 gearbox with TM gears and piston from a JG MP5, wires in the right place, I should be safe with that right? only running 310fps, but if I swap the spring for mine, I will still have the same fps right? Or am I way out?!
          Signature Removed

Comment

Tb = tightbore barrel,

also you have no need to change the trigger on an agm as it is the same as any m4 v2 trigger ....

also replace the gears with hardened steel variants , either high torque if want consistancy per shot for a long lasting gear box,

or high speed but then you will need to do alot of upgrades on the gearbox to keep it running for a long time...

also for the hop rubber use eiter prommy or madbull blue, best ones ive used and give a great constant airseal each shot

Comment

a nice set of modify gears will be good,lovely engineering and smooth as silk and no shimming to worry about.google them and relax!!:D
              old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

Ok thanks for clearing that up, makes sense now, I just don't know all the abbreviations! To keep costs down as it's only really a back up/project gun, I've bought the gearbox I mentioned before which I will service before using. I'll get a TB :D and for the hop rubber I'll probably get a madbull as I've seen these mentioned before.

Then if it works well and I definately like it, I make a ROF beast out of it?!! The retractable stock is smashed aswell so I thought about a full fixed stock to house a big 9.6v batt and then obviously all the neccesary gearbox upgrades?

Any thoughts/oppinions on ROF idea?
                Signature Removed

Comment

Element high torque motor
                  Element high speed gears 16:1 or 13:1 if you have a mahusive battery.
                  Great shimming
                  Correct AoE
                  Make sure you have a light piston and head combo
                  And a great airseal.

Or just send it to T.B.Stalker and ask him to do the above( you will have to supply parts.)

A brain?

Comment

Ok well I'd be happy to pay him for his time if I decided to take this route.
                    What would be the potential problems/damaged caused if I simply changed the gearbox hop and barrel etc then used a big mah 9.6v battery to give me a higher ROF? I assume it would damgage the gears and wear out the motor bushes, but people seem to do this without having made any upgrades and get away with it?!
                    Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                    Working...
                    X