Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed...

Hi,

I have a TM AK74MN and have bought some Lipos, which all seem to work nicely.
    Now the problem I have is that I have test fired it, not a lot, maybe 200 bbs on a combination of semi and full and once I took the battery out, a 7.4V 850mAh 25C+ continuous discharge Lipo, is warm.

It isnt hot but I am wondering what it would be like after a series of games.

Is this battery up to scratch?
    I have read that it isnt quite there for what the gun needs hence the battery getting warm.
    Gun is completely stock as far as I understand.

I have a game on the 28th and if these batteries arent up to scratch then I will need some more, probably the 8.4v minis as they are the only ones that will fit in the gun.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Advice needed...

Sure it was warm after firing not after charging?

Also, 850mah? Bit low for a LiPo.
    Loki - Rogue Recon Unit, The Rogues

Comment

Definitely after firing.
      I checked after charging and it was perfectly fine, not as warm as it was after firing.

I bought the battery from a shop for certain components recently, got 3 of them and all of them react the same way.
      Also, definitely 850 without a doubt, I know its low but that is what would fit in the gun, fairly small space.

Comment

Well they shouldn't get hot at all. I would be worried.

Your using a lipo charger yeah? Is the pack inflated/bubbles or anything?
        Loki - Rogue Recon Unit, The Rogues

Comment

Yeah Lipo charger being used etc, I did a load of research before buying but didnt think about the draw of the gun and the amount of charge given by the battery.

It looks and feels fine, apart from being warm, I unplugged it from the gun straight away and stopped using it, my feelings are that the battery cant give the amount of power being requested by the gun hence putting too much 'pressure' on the battery to perform.

Think the battery has a continuous discharge rate of 21.25amps, just not 100% what the gun will try and draw.

Comment

If its the lipo im thinking of the stick type, ive used them in an MP5k i used to have.
            They were a bit under powered for the use i gave them and yes they did get warm but nothing i ever worried about.
            You will find if you put a lipo alarm on it most of the time you give it some stick it will set the alarm off.
            Saying that i used them sensibly most of the time and one lasted me almost all day without problems.

Comment

hmmmm.... I was going to post a pick but the link goes back to a site that I dont think Im allowed to link to.

Its yellow in colour.

To be honest, I have had batteries get warm before, I have never worried about it at all, the only reason I was wondering about it was that they are Lipos and there is a lot of chinese whispers that are going around about these.

Just dont want to send my gun up in flames or anything else that is damaging thats all.

Comment

You will probably find it's getting warm as it is having to work quite hard to power the gun as it's such a small battery.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Anything like that?
                  I use that one now just as a back up.
                  All id say is just dont go using mad full auto blasts, and grab a lipo alarm(if you havent already) with it being so small it will run low before you know it and may damage it beyond repair.

Comment

If you have room you can wire two in paralell, that keeps the voltage the same and doubles the mAh. But then you are probably stuggling for space in the first place and thats why you are using them.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

It was because of the space issue but good idea about running them in parallel, but if I was going to do that I would get a bigger 7.4 Lipo anyhow and just have a battery bag on the outside if you know what I mean.

Kind of like that one but more like
                      [IMG]http://www.**************.co.uk/assets/images/300_ip2s25c850l.jpg[/IMG]
                      Mods please delete if I have done something I shouldnt with the above image, and I apologise in advance.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3v3n Find out more about S3v3n
                      Working...
                      X