Create own MOSFET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create own MOSFET

Has anyone ever brought the two FETs and made one from scratch? I can't find an English site that sells the FETs I need? Maplins do a few but not the ones I need!

I don't think electrical component shops breach the site rules. If they do could someone supply me with the FET part numbers ? Thanks

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: Create own MOSFET

Would help if you told us the kind of fet your after chandler. Active braking? Programmable? (What features if so) Non active braking (the ones that basically just take strain off the trigger contacts)?

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Aribos, I think you're confusing the airsoft term "MOSFET" with the electronics term "MOSFET". In electronics, a MOSFET is a single transistor. In airsoft, it's a "MOSFET controller" - a device which contains a MOSFET, but has a few other parts to control the MOSFET.

If he's after 2 MOSFETS, it'll be a motor shorting "active braking" type.
      And if he was making his own programmable one, he'd already know where to get the parts.

Try Farnell or CPC.

Comment

Aha, yep if you mean the resistor type try those places, might even get lucky in some local shop type places, we have one in derby called RF Potts, no idea what is around kidderminster way though.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Howdy
          Thanks for replies, yeah its just an active breaking mosfet.. no need for a programmable one or anything like that.
          i think the codes are IRL or something. cant find them in the uk but ill keep looking. Thanks
          Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Unless you fancy a challenge, probably cheaper to buy one in long run?!

Comment

have a look at rapid online or RS?

Comment

Shopping list:

From Farnell...

Main N channel MOSFET IRLB3034PBF £2.96

http://uk.farnell.com/international-...220/dp/1698299

AB P channel MOSFET SPP80P06P £2.48

http://uk.farnell.com/infineon/spp80...809?Ntt=spp80p

TVS Diode BZW50-18 £4.83

http://uk.farnell.com/stmicroelectro...-r6/dp/1689191

From elsewhere...

16AWG Silicone wire 1 mtr red/black for motor and battery connections £2.49+0.70

22AWG Silicone wire 1 mtr blue/yellow for trigger connection £1.99+0.70

DEANS style Connectors 5 pairs £4.99+0.99

Hope that helps matey! I'll be making my own when the bits arrive. The diode isn't entirely nessessary, in fact, I've only seen a few designs that incorporate one but it's to protect the mosfets that's all.

I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

You'll also need two resistors, I use 1 x 100 ohm and 1 x 3k3 ohm. Metal film are fine.

Plus whatever you want to package the whole thing up in (heatshrink).

Enjoy!
                  Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                  Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Genista View Post
                    You'll also need two resistors...
                    Oh yeah! *smacks head* :D

I didn't have them on my list because I already have some! It's late...

Comment

To be honest, I did think that was likely, but thought I'd add that just in case.

Which design are you using?
                      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

I got mine from RS-components. Also, I ebayed the wire and resistors. Seemed to be the cheapest solution when I researched it. As for the best parts, man I've lost track of the best parts a long time ago I only have a basic understanding of electronics, so followed a guide to make mine. The MOSFET still awaiting testing however, so can't reliably reccomend any good parts or guides sadly.

Good luck, let us know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                          Unless you fancy a challenge, probably cheaper to buy one in long run?!
                          I can churn them out at £10 and make a profit on them. That's an AB FET, capable of up to 80amps, with the option of a 40amp resettable fuse, and any thickness of wire a feel like at the time. It's much cheaper to make your own, if you have the ability.

Of course, £10 doesn't really account for an hour plus labour fee. So I don't sell them.
                          sigpic
                          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
                            Of course, £10 doesn't really account for an hour plus labour fee. So I don't sell them.
                            I'm sad, until then I was just clicking to PM you.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                            A brain?
                            Originally posted by snuff
                            Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Same here!
                              You sure? add a hr labour still looks attractive................
                              And as Z1 don't sell them either.................
                              Originally posted by mr lean 81
                              painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                              Working...
                              X