Gearbox upgrade kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox upgrade kit

Forgive me if this has been asked before - I searched but didn't find any posts.

I'm looking at getting a general upgrade kit for V2 gearbox to fit to my ICS m4. I believe the kit come with things like a new piston, bushings, high torque gears and a couple of other things. Is it worth it? The place I see the kit for sale at is selling for around £30 and I think it's a guarder kit (will check when I get home).

What will this improve? I'm fairly technical and have no qualms taking the thing apart but how long does it take on the first try, or should I leave it at a shop? And are there any recommendations for good kits?

I'm on an info hunt so I'm looking forward to your replies! :-D

Re: Gearbox upgrade kit

If you're happy taking it apart, then do. It really is fairly easy, the only hard part is reassembling when you need 3 hands to hold all the sprung bits down :P

Can't comment about the kit, but it would probably help others if you told them what you want to get out of the upgrade (i.e. higher FPS, higher ROF etc)

Comment

id be interested to find out how you get along matey as im thinking of doing the same but just like you not sure
      USMC are that awesome even Katy Perry wears MARPAT!!

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

Check this out: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...earbox+version

It helped me out a lot when I had to fix a siezed gearbox, it has given me the confidence to do more upgrades. I have a donor V2 with TM internals and I will adding new piston & head, spring etc.

Like said before, only tough bit is getting all the gears in place with the spring held down to get the case on!
        Signature Removed

Comment

You need to know what you want to achieve with the kit.

A torque kit and there are different stages of torque kits.

These kits are used so you can install a higher rated spring giving more torque and making the gearbox run slower at each stage.

Unless your gearbox is old or there is a problem I would think you would be better to get it re shimmed and correct aoe. That done if you want quicker rof, just change your battery, for a larger one.

That said Guarder make very good products. Just make sure you get the right product.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Wow a lot of feedback already, thanks!

I suppose one thing I'd like to do is to make the rather clunky ICS box run a bit smoother and quieter. It is quite loud at the moment... I think I might change the motor to a quieter one too but I'm wondering more about just having it run very reliably, consistently and smoothly. Not looking for a huge ROF or to whack in a big spring, just get this gearbox running at it's best.

Thanks for the link to the other thread too about putting the gearbox back together! :-p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
            Working...
            X