Collapse

Advice with charging batteries please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice with charging batteries please.

Hello all,

I've been having issues with the batteries I'm using, I have a G&G M4 and use crane stock ones.
    They are only 8.4v 1600mah packs which I know won't give much life but they are only lasting half a day if that, I don't really go mad with it either.

The charger I use gives me a choice of number of cells, to which i have selected 7, There is also an option to select 300mA or 600mA to which I have selected 600mA.

Can someone give me an idea if this is correct?

I am planning to go with some 9.4v 2200mAh ones soon, it just appeared weried that they run out so quickly when in my last ICS gun one pack lasted the whole day?

I should mention that they were new when I got them.

Re: Advice with charging batteries please.

probably about right mate, i have the same charger and the same battery except mines a 9.6v one but an 8.4v 1600mah gives me about half a day in one of my M4s.

as for comparing battery life between guns, dont bother lol. different quality wiring, different motors, different springs, different amounts of friction within the gearbox all play a part on exactly how long the battery will last. as do things like use of single and full auto - single shot uses more power.

if you want them to last longer just get the biggest (mah wise) battery you can fit in your crane stock and if your really eager to get a battery to last all day try fitting a MOSFET as from what i understand they are more efficient, you could also swap to LiPo batteries of you really wanted but they need a different charger etc etc.

also a point for long term battery life - 600mah is probably a bit high to be charging a 1600mah on, iirc 10% of the batteries capacity is what you should charge it at, in your case 160mah but 300mah would be fine.
    Originally posted by ste887
    yes but multicam is the new black
    and black is the new gay

Comment

Re: Advice with charging batteries please.

Cool thanks Ben, i'll change the charger down to 300 and give it a go.

Ive ordered some 2200mAh so should hopefully be with me soon.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Drewcole81 Find out more about Drewcole81
      Working...
      X