Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locking half way of the gears

Hey
    I was just replacing the piston on my AA L85 that has a split gearbox. The previous piston was a worn down plastic one so i went to replace it with a new metal one. I then reintalled the top half of the gear box to the gun and went to fire on single shot and it fired once well put the second time it jammed so it took it off again to hear the piston pulled back and the gear that drives it it a half way position. It fires fine when the top half is not engaged put when it is there it locks in this postion.
    any help well be welcome and if you need any more information just say
    (and yes i charged the battery)

thanks
    TAE

Re: locking half way of the gears

What power spring have you got in there?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

1 joule
      TAE

Comment

Oh dear. Have you put a 16 tooth regular piston in an otherwise stock AA R85? They have 19 tooth sector gears. You can either change the sector gear and put a spacer in front of the piston, or you can buy a 19 tooth piston. I wouldn't say a metal piston is a good idea anyway. They wear as quick, if not quicker than plastic ones. Weigh more too. And the piston is generally considered a mechanical fuse. If something has gone wrong, the piston will strip, the gears wont. Pistons are cheaper.

Good that, as my immediate thought when seeing the thread title was, "charge your battery, post back again later".

Edit: Having now said that, I'm wondering if putting a 16 tooth piston in would even get one shot from the thing.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

well the piston is 19 teeth the same as the old one, also has the same dimensions as the old one so i don't think that is the promblem
          TAE

Comment

if its from AW
            then you need to file 3 teeth from the sector gear to remove this problem whats happening is the first 3 teeth are catching on the piston as it's released
            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

could i just use a normal sector gear or would i have to sand down the current one

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
              if its from AW
              then you need to file 3 teeth from the sector gear to remove this problem whats happening is the first 3 teeth are catching on the piston as it's released
              TAE

Comment

Could use normal one.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                A brain?
                Originally posted by snuff
                Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

what piston did you install mate,

i installed a G+G L85 piston from zeroone into my sa80 and works perfectly ,

and DONT get a all metal piston , only get a polycarb or fibre piston with three or five metal teeth not a full metal rack ...

also the metal pistin will be binding against the glide rails , so replace it with a G+G piston mate will be perfect

Comment

Yeh I will have to trust you with that
                    I will get the gaurder one from zero in and see how that works
                    TAE

Comment

spend the 23 pounds on the G+G one mate , do some small filing and will work perfect

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tubzza Find out more about tubzza
                      Working...
                      X