Mid Range Rof Set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Range Rof Set up

Assuming low is standard 16rps ish and high is 30+.

I'm looking for a rof around 25rps.

What I have
    V3 stock JG box and internals
    9.6V big batts (2200Mah)

I also have a new M120 motor and systema M100 kicking about so if they can be used all the better.

Could I just throw a faster gear set in and call it quits??

Re: Mid Range Rof Set up

well what kind of RoF do you have now? and what spring currently? as there is little point putting an M100 in if you have for instance an M90 as your RoF will go down.

im guessing with a V3 GB you have either a G36 an AUG or a AK of some sort? none of those are massively hard to take apart, id take it apart and fit the M120 motor and see what happens. also if its a stock JG gearbox strip it, clean it and re grease/shim it.

you could also remove the fuse and re wire the whole gun with high quality silicon wire and swap to deans connectors
    Last edited by airsoft_ben_1989; 23 November, 2010, 07:54.
    Originally posted by ste887
    yes but multicam is the new black
    and black is the new gay

Comment

No idea what spring is in it currently but it shoots sub 300, thats why I'm after fitting the M100.

Fitting the M120 alone makes little difference that I can hear but I have a chrono on the way and will test that when it arrives. Soundwise, it doesn't sound much different with the M120.

Comment

If your sub 300 fps it'll be an m100 or m90 spring in there. The M120 will up your ROF as will a higher voltage battery.

Remember that higher ROF= more wear and tear on gears and gearbox.

I have my m4 doing a high ROF and just had to have a new gearbox casing for it.

If you get a set of element high speed gears they will do the job but to be honest you may just need to use the m120 to get your desired ROF.

A good shim job, good AOE and a decent motor will do the trick. Up it to the 9.6v and see if that satisfys. If not grab the high speed gearset.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

9.6v is the standard battery in it now. As i said, fitting the M120 motor didn't appear to make that much of a difference ROF wise over the standard JG motor.
          It may well have done, but it didn't sound much different to my ears.

Comment

That set up should be low 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by TbirdX View Post
              9.6v is the standard battery in it now. As i said, fitting the M120 motor didn't appear to make that much of a difference ROF wise over the standard JG motor.
              It may well have done, but it didn't sound much different to my ears.
              was it the jing gong blue motor? because they are pretty fast anyway. probably why you won't have seen much difference
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I can confirm the blue JG motors aren't a lot slower than the M120, as I have done in my M4 set up.

The high speed gears are the best way to up the ROF easily.

Myself I use systema Helical set.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TbirdX Find out more about TbirdX
                Working...
                X