M14- Auto only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14- Auto only

Hi guys, just a quick one, i have just got a TM M14 (second hand) and only auto works, i was wondering, one, how do you strip the gun? And two, how will i go about fixing the the problem, so that the semi-auto function can work, i have never had a M14 before, and iam not familiar with the internalls, so please be gentle I did take this to AH today to get it fixed, but there service is only available to warranty guns during christmas time, so i will have to do it myself.

Cheers, Luke.
    sigpic

Re: M14- Auto only

That sounds like the cut-off lever has gone, its a common weak point on M14s, can pick up a guarder one for 10 to 12 quid. as for stripping it down, if memory serves me right you only need to take the stock off and you can access the cut-off lever (as its external to the gearbox) check out mechbox.com for a dissasembly guide for the M14 (notG&G or Classic Army version).
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Cheers mate, as for the guarder cut of lever, iam pressuming i will have to get one from HK?
      sigpic

Comment

Na lots of places in the UK have them, wont surprise me if Zeroone have them in.
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Drop me a PM I have found a couple of guides on 'da web' on stripping a TM M14 and I can send you the links. I used them to do a motor, metal bushings, spring and spring guide upgrade on mine. If you going to change the cut of lever and are thinking about other upgrades it would be a good time to do it.. Stripping it is not easy..
          DJ AoS
          HIT Team -****** ***** Woodland
          Gunless

Comment

Yeah, zerone have them, i will order one tommorow. And cheers, but having watching the video on mechbox, it seems that you only have to take the trigger unit and gas block piece off and then seperate the stock from the GB, seansamurai said the cut off lever is a external piece, so i should be able to replace it without doing any thing else.
            sigpic

Comment

That's if memory serves me correct, it's a bit fiddely putting it back together it's basically 3 or 4 screws on the right hand side (the cutoff lever is the bar that moves about 30degrees), but defiantly take a look at mechbox.com it's a very helpful guide

Comment

A certain international airsoft publication has a multi page feature on doing just this too..

Comment

Saw that and wasnt impressed, mechbox.com is free and very very easy to follow and doesn't require you to find back issues!

Comment

Just an update, i have fitted the guarder cut off lever, and its now working perfectly, cheers.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks like mine has packed up too

Will be dismantling tonight my G&P EBR m14 to try and locate this part

Comment

its always the cut off lever..

It should be a go to first place for single issues...

Comment

^^ Its very, very easy, on the left side where the electric trigger contacts are, you unscrew 4 screws, take the plate off, take the old cut off lever off, put the new one in, plate black on, tension springs back on (can be a bit tricky that bit) and your done.
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lukey b Find out more about Lukey b
                          Working...
                          X