AK GB Wars: Guarder fights Action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK GB Wars: Guarder fights Action!

So basically, just wanted some opinions on the 2 manufacturers. Guarder have a good rep, and I've never experienced anything bad from them myself. Action however, I've not heard a jot about.

Anyway. In the red corner, we have:
    Guarder Infinite Torque-up kit for AK-47,
    Guarder enhanced V3 gearbox casing,
    All the gubbins left over from my LCT innards.

In the blue corner:
    Action 9mm complete AK drop in gearbox.

Both these would be having a MS90 spring installed. Looking at these sets because they're cheap, and include all the parts I need.

So, what do you guys think is the better option?
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Re: AK GB Wars: Guarder fights Action!

well im a little biased towards guarder but theres alot to be said for matching parts..

I usually try to match bearings and gear sets etc,, as you would like to think that they tested on there own parts for max compatibility.

Just double check the guarder gears before you buy as the high torque ones have an over sized spur gear on the torque up set, on a marui box you have to remove a little material for full clearance, there website explains it better.

Comment

Well that's that sorted then. Having looked at the Guarder website, I see infinite torque up gears, are helical between the bevel gear and the spur gear. Can't stand shimming helical gears. Looks like I'll be going for the Action GB then.

And like you say, compatibility issues are annoying. So a full gearbox is an easy fix. I'm not too bothered about it being the best thing ever anyway.

Thanks for the info.

(looks like it's the sector gear that's an odd size...)
      sigpic

Comment

I've had one dud set of Guarder Original Torque sets, it failed terribly under normal conditions, the others have been fantastic. I think the steel they use is very hard, i may have had a bad batch as after inspecting the failed area it was apparent that there was casting faults. The teeth that were in tact looked untouched, and setups Ive built for people many years ago using the same sets are still going strong.
        I have managed to kill a few of their newer pistons, but not under their recommended conditions.

I worked a V2 9mm action box the other day and it was ok, some holes like the AR latch and trigger holes were oversized, but everything seemed to fit well enough, the bearing holes looked to be cut a little off centre from the design markings, but again it functioned.
        Could you not use an old TM V3 shell?

The modifications required to fit both Guarder and Systema's ITU sets are for V2 boxes, the V3 shells have enough clearance for the sector gear.

What was the reason for the ITU set?
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Ive used Action 8mm V3 Gear boxes and in my opinion. If you are looking for a gear box to run as a standard box at arround 15 a sec, you will be fine.

If you are looking for much more you will still need to strip it and rebuild it.

If you are looking for high speed you will probably be putting in your Guarder parts...lol

They were my findings anyway. One of mine I stripped out and rebuilt with Element parts and ran it up to 35 a sec. Was fine.

The other stripped teeth, so had to rebuild that too.

Oh just read you want the torque box, sorry not had one of those.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

yeah i new it was over sized something

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
              I've had one dud set of Guarder Original Torque sets, it failed terribly under normal conditions, the others have been fantastic. I think the steel they use is very hard, i may have had a bad batch as after inspecting the failed area it was apparent that there was casting faults. The teeth that were in tact looked untouched, and setups Ive built for people many years ago using the same sets are still going strong.
              I have managed to kill a few of their newer pistons, but not under their recommended conditions.

I worked a V2 9mm action box the other day and it was ok, some holes like the AR latch and trigger holes were oversized, but everything seemed to fit well enough, the bearing holes looked to be cut a little off centre from the design markings, but again it functioned.
              Could you not use an old TM V3 shell?

The modifications required to fit both Guarder and Systema's ITU sets are for V2 boxes, the V3 shells have enough clearance for the sector gear.

What was the reason for the ITU set?
              I was also considering the other sets, but the double torque (prefered) is out of stock the place I'll be ordering from, and the other sets don't have all the gubbins I'd be wanting anyway. Thanks to LCT doing a completely gash job at building a gearbox, I've got few parts that are really worthy to be put into a gun. The gears certainly aren't. I need a new cylinder head and tappet plate. Spring guide and bushings would be nice too. Basically, the only moving parts I'd keep are piston head, ARL and cut off lever. So, the ITU set is the cheapest way to buy all the bits I wanted.

I would use a TM GB shell, If I had one. The guarder shell is just the cheapest replacement shell out there. The nub that holds the cylinder head in place on one of my gearboxes has snapped off, on the other gearbox, the external cams for the fire selector wont fit. Another advantage of the Action box is that it comes with those parts anyway. So no worries there.

In a perfect world, I'd go Prommy. Guarder were on the blocks because that ITU is cheap enough for what I wanted. If you can suggest any other sets that are cheap enough, and have all the parts, that's great. I also have a couple of very large springs I was curious about. But that's a story for another day.

Looks like I might have to throw this plan in a box for a while anyway. Funds are not looking good at all. But maybe when I come back to it, I'll have the cash for the Prommy parts.

And thanks as well Midas. Still useful information, that their casings at least can last up to 35rps. Can't be that bad.
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dope_on_a_rope Find out more about dope_on_a_rope
              Working...
              X