M4 S System issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 S System issues

OK guys, my first armalite here. And have a couple of problems with it!

first, semi isnt working. Switch it to semi, and it just fires full auto.

Second, is the slow trigger response. I say slow trigger response, what I mean is the motor spends quite a long time spinning up the gearbox to make the shot. Once its starts firing its at a happy ROF. but its popping shots off quickly in single that it isnt liking. a quick tripple burst will be mostly motor winding, and one shot in there if i slow it down a little.

Ive heard mosfets quicken this up, but would a faster motor be the way forward? I have no issues with the time it takes from me pressing the trigger to the motor starting, its just that the motor takes a long time to spin up and fire!

Re: M4 S System issues

Make sure the selector plate is correctly aligned with the selector switch , If that does not help check the contacts on the selector plate and the gear box bit (Where the plate connects with the gearbox)
    If they are in bad shap (Scratched to hell) Replace it.

Or the lever that is inside the gear box which allows semi and full auto is not in the gear box.

As to the motor just buy a new one for like £10 from china
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

ok, will check those!

First problem is I cannot get the motor out of the handgrip! Ive foloowed 3 guides, all slightly different, but all say the motor will just come out once ive taken the bottom off the pistol grip. Mines still stuck in snug as a bug!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
        ok, will check those!

First problem is I cannot get the motor out of the handgrip! Ive foloowed 3 guides, all slightly different, but all say the motor will just come out once ive taken the bottom off the pistol grip. Mines still stuck in snug as a bug!
        Yeah JG hang grips are really tight!

I used a pair of long nosed pliers to get mine out , Just grab the plastic bit and pull , You will most likely find the wires have stopped it from moving.

I found on the JG hang grips that you are meant to put the neutral and live the way (At the back of teh grip) There is a purpose made groove for both the wires to sit in allowing the motor to lol about freely
        Hate.
        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Comment

Ok will give that a try!

Sounds stupid but is it actually hard connected to anything? Im using needle nos epliers now, and its actually starting to damage the little blue bit at the base of the motor im gripping and pulling so hard!

The motor itself moves about inside without any problems, from side to side, and the wires dont seem trapped. It will go further in a little bit, but its not coming out at all!

Comment

Is the hand grip wobbly at all?

If its not then you will just have to keep trying to yank it out , Push it down with the pliers then give it a good yank.

It should just come out , If it does not look for something abit bigger
            Hate.

General George S.patton

Comment

Its out!

What had happened is one of the wires had caught itself between the motor bit that spins the gears, and the hole it comes through.

Snagged a bit of the wire off, so will have to clean that up, but the work can progress!

Comment

I want to throw the whole F*(%*(&^)king gearbox in the bin now!

Everything has sprung out, and putting it back together seems impossible. everything needs to be held in with so much tension, that it wont stay put to place the next piece in!

At the moment i need to hold the anti reversal latch, the trigger, the spring and spring guide, and the gear that the anti reversal lever stops, all at the same F*$(&$ing time!

HOW THE F&*(&(&$&(&$(&$(*^&*($&(&$)(£($_)!?

Comment

Right , I find bending the spring on ARL helps because the it does not spring out like a pr*ck , Once that is done the gears should all be fine and not lol about.

When putting the shell together using a screw driver into the back of the spring guide , Slot it in to the gear box and hold it down and still with the screw driver .

Now put the second part of the gear box on, Align the spring guide and hold the cylinder down with some spare fingers, Using a screw driver apply pressure to the gears / ARL to get them to fit into the bushings =/

Hope this helps
                  Hate.

General George S.patton

Comment

ah didnt think to try taking the pressure off the anti reversal latch! I will try that!

Out of curiosity, im arguing with a friend about whether thats needed. I know theres another thread about it, but, if i left it out, can anyone think of a possibilty of the motor actually spinning the other way round?! Seems like a slightly pointless piece to me for so much anger and frustration!

I will be back with more foul mouthed abuse soon i fear!

Also, how do i know when the selector gear is aligned properly!?

Comment

Yeah , Say for instance your gun half cycled on semi or auto when you finished the piston would then cycle back forwards and push the gears the wrong way as well as the motor.

Admittedly it wouldn't really do much damage but it would be a pain in the ass!!

As for semi and auto question , Attach the pistol grip and install the motor to the gear box (Dont put it in the body)

Now that is done , Push the selector plate forward where it will be locked (Safe) Now slowly push it back wards pulling the trigger until it fires auto , If it does not fire semi when doing the above then there is something wrong with the selector plate some where / some where else
                      Hate.

General George S.patton

Comment

Try your best to set all the smaller parts in place (AR latch, Trigger, Switch block etc...). put your fingers through the cylinder window on the top half of the shell, with these fingers put pressure on the cylinder assembly - enough to hold the lower half stable when you try to compress the spring.
                        Try using a screwdriver in the back of the spring guide whilst compressing the spring to help keep it in line.

The shell should just slide over, then you can release your fingers. You may have to slide a few things into place before it fully clicks together. The AR latch and trigger might need a little assistance to seat correctly, but nothing you can't do with a small screw driver through the small holes.

Motor should be spinning anti-clockwise if wired correctly, unless you've got an Uzi!

Setting the Sector gear, there really isn't anything fancy to it. Just make sure that it hasn't engaged the piston rack gear before you shut it, and that the tappet post on the sector gear is forwards so that the tappet is at rest when you shut the box. Heres an example of how it should look.
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

thanks for that guys! now i know where to put all the pieces, its just getting them to stay the f**k in place while i put the shell back on. The tappet plate keeps shifting forwards and over the top of that latch when i try and put the shell back on!

Comment

well, after putting it all back together, and sticking the motor in, and firing, it made a horrible screetching sound, moved the piston back and forth about 5 times! eeek...

Comment

Did you loose any of the shims?
                              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X