M4 Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Help.

hey i need some advice on my conversion project. i want to turn my M4 into a Semi sniper, it shoots at around 290-310 fps ish, any idears on what inturnals i need motor, sprink, gearbox?, the fps im looking for is around 500,
    i got a bi pod, scope, and also a red laser, that you probs didant need to know,
    oh and my m4 is ICS
    i know you get what you pay for, but i need cheep things, lil light on cash atm

thanks for your help

Re: M4 Help.

500fps is a little warm for a semi auto, I'd say if it's ICS all you should need is a new upper gearbox, something around a 130 spring should give about 429(variable on sealing) you might find a high torque gearset might be required or motor. Steel bushings or a set of bearings will be a must, it will also need to be locked to semi auto, you would be better keeping it at your sites limit for full auto so you can multi roll, last time I took a version 2 box to 400fps for the same reasons the front of it fell off and ruined my day!
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

In my opinion youd be better off just sticking the best hop up money can buy in it, and getting a mid range scope. no ones going to be dodging any rounds travelling at 300 FPS

Comment

ok thanks for the reply's guys, i got a 4X30 scope on its way, i forgot to say that i got a barral upgrade, that give's me a bit of range, new motor and hopup, i was shooting at about the range of a sniper rifle, but when i got it crono'd it was shooting 375 ish, and the site says 350 max for full auto guns. so i had to remove a bit of the spring. ill put the scope on and see how it runs before i do any thing,

oh and another thing, i have a problem with my mag's/magwell i put the mag into the mag well, and it clicks, and i still have to hold under the mag for it to fire right, i mean it will fire bb's if i dont hold it but it will not all the time, do you know what this problem is?

Comment

sounds like either the catch in the magwell isnt clicking it in properly, and its still sort of loose. That or the mag isnt compatible with your rifle.

On the range, youre not going to lose enough range to warrant upgrades with a 25 FPS drop. youll barely notice the difference at all.

Comment

p.s, i just did a poor mans crono, and its not even going making it past 1 side so i dont know what it is shooting at, but its under 290 fps

Comment

Just to tell you that PMC are a load of ****.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
              A brain?
              Originally posted by snuff
              Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

181jenkins Find out more about 181jenkins
              Working...
              X