gears and bearing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gears and bearing help

i have got an SRC m4 and the rate of fire is pretty poor to be fair so i am looking to upgrade the gears. i am looking for a good rate of fire and nothing over the top. so which of be best as i dont know which way the ratios work on gears. do i want 16:1 or 13:1. also i am looking to get some bearing with them what size would i need for a src m4 gen 2 gearbox

Re: gears and bearing help

all the gearbox will need is a good shim job ,get rid of the rubbish grease ,gear clip and short stroked piston .also a mosfet if you want it to have even more rof

and the best way to improve rof imo is replace the motor , i like the element ultra speed motor about £20

i have this setup in my acm p90 and its about 24 rps with a 9.6v battery and im still waiting to put a mosfet in it.

Comment

Well as I live about 10 min's from you I could install them if you are unsure about opening her up. Got a budget?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

i don't want to short stroke the piston yet. i will give it a shim job when i put in the new gears and clean every thing up inside.

Comment

If you only want a moderate increase in rof I would either use a bigger battery, or swap the motor. Make sure you correct aoe if you havn't allready and use the standard ratio gear set.

If you have metal bushings, I would leave them as they are. Short stroking is used to give the cycle time to reset, it will not give huge increases in rof and shouldn't be used to try.

It will however mess up fps if you have a short barreled gun....Then you will need a monster spring and an Ultra torque motor.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

get some nice bearings. Some good quality ones, the promy bearings for instance. They really free things up with a good shim job.

Comment

so would i be better of getting a new motor then and maybe some bearing and shim and re-grease it. dose anyone no of a good cheap grease i can get to do the whole gearbox as some i have seen are £12 for only gear gear the another for the cylinder.

Comment

well 3 in one lithium grease for gears and silicon grease for air seal.
                and i would go with bearings ,grease and motor because good bearings would cost you around £10-£30 depends what you get and a good motor would be the element ultra speed there only around £20.

Comment

I really wouldn't spend £30 on bearings if you only want to improve the rof moderatly. Like wise I would go for something slower than the Element max speed.

The G and P M120 motor is a nice mid range motor. More than enough if you want something arround 15-20 bb's a sec.

Or one of the Element or shs type Ultra torque motors.

13:1 are a lower ratio than 16:1, hence faster.

To give you an idea, I would expect an Element max speed with 13:1 gears to give somewhere in the region of 30 a sec if you use a nice big 9.6v battery. With the M120 arround 25.

I would think the M120 and standard gears to be arround 20, maybe slightly less. Still using the 9.6.

With either I would recomend correcting aoe and making sure you have removed at least the second from last tooth.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

in this gun i am using an 8.4v and i have been looking at getting X High Tech High Speed Custom Motor ( M4 use )

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                    Working...
                    X