G&G UMG upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G UMG upgrades?

Hey guys, have just purchased a G&G UMG from z1 and am wondering what upgrades, internal(eg, tb barrell, motor, hop unit etc.) and external(lasers, foregrips, flashlights, optics etc.)? I am already getting the silencer for it.

Re: G&G UMG upgrades?

If you've "just bought" this, then why do you need to upgrade it? Sure, external modifications are fine, but why the internal upgrades? It's new isn't it?

IF you're asking for my opinion, I would make sure I've had a good few goes with it first, perhaps 5,000 rounds through it over 3 skirmishers - this will allow you to get a good feel for the gun and decide on whether or not it's worth upgrading. For example, with the above amount of rounds, the Hop rubber should be bedded in. If you think you could get more range, go for a TM, Systema or Firefly hop rubber.

Tighter barrels are for more accuracy, which is also determined by the hop rubber. Firefly's aid in accuracy; adding a Madbull 6.03mm would also increase accuracy, but again not needed until you've really done some tests.

Motors and hop units - nah forget it.

You could change the wiring so that you're using deans connectors and then buy lipo batteries (as I was aware the UMP battery space is limited, aka Kalashnikov stick battery limited).

Edit - Thanks SJ.
    Last edited by Gaffa; 30 November, 2010, 20:23. Reason: Thread moved to appropriate section - Thanks SniperJesus

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Re: G&G UMG upgrades?

er having used one of these and planning to buy one (only don't have one as I bought a G&G Scar first) I'd say LEAVE IT ALONE!

This and the scar are two of the best ranging/accurate AEGs I've seen I wouldn't touch anything on the inside!

As for externals well anything that goes on a 20mm rail will go on the.. rails.. go crazy but for woodland a decent red dot is all I'd be adding.
      Originally posted by Fenriz
      I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
      X