Hop up not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop up not working

I've just installed a Systema Tightbore barrel into my ICS m16. The gears sounds normal and all, but it is shooting as if it has no hop , its not getting much range.

Im pretty sure i installed the barrel correctly and the rubber was not damaged.

Does anyone know what may be wrong?
    You miss every shot you don't take.

Re: Hop up not working

Barrel upside down?

I've done that before, lol :D

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      Barrel upside down?

I've done that before, lol :D
      Ill check lol

Comment

did you get the small nub back in correct ?
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

nick make some room in your in box fella , here is the reply

there a pain in the ass at the best of the time , the biro trick does work tho just make sure its not bigger than the hole your trying to get it in

i use a small flat head screw driver to to the nub in and even for me it can take 10 or more goes at getting it in

just make sure the hop it off and when you get it in have the barrel ready to refit

Comment

since we are on the topic of hop-up how does the biro trick fair with the normal hub?

Comment

K now the problem is the nub, i have lost the original hop nub.. so i'm substituting it with a inner biro bit.
              When i go to put the barrel in, it always pushes my biro hop nub out. How can i make it stay there? or where can i buy a replacement nub?

Comment

the biro thing is ok as a temp jobby but you are best getting a new hop set unless a kind player off here has 1 spare there willing to give you

if the hop is all the way off the nub should sit in the hole so your sleeve passes over the top of it

Comment

oh so its not brilliant then?

Comment

Before i buy it, is this on the z1 website Product Code: MC-17 , a hop nub?

Comment

install the barrel in the hop unit, and examine hop bead function whilst out of gun, full hop off should demonstrate no bulge, full on should give you a nice bulge about 1/3 of the opening size.

biro tube can work, but it's very hard and can result in a very hard to adjust hop effect.
                      alternatively, you can support the original bead by filling the hole with something slightly more firm. And alternatively to that, there are different density hop beads available.

test your fps, ensure it hasn't dropped since you installed the tight barrel, this might indicate a hop rubber problem.
                      Student Of Master Fong

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nick_ Find out more about Nick_
                      Working...
                      X