what scar is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what scar is this?

i have came across this and i have no idea which brand of scar it is can anyone tell by the markings or the hop up unit? no guesses please only answer if you are sure.

Re: what scar is this?

a picture of the whit markings will help!

EDIT: apologies, picture loaded after i posted this

Comment

is that a CA scar....

have a look on the pistol grip mate or the motor , you can tell if the motor is stock

Comment

Definitely not a CA, as Classic army scars have "Classic Army" written where FN Herstal should be.

Looks to be a Dboys.

Scrub that, if its got a working bolt catch, its a VFC Gen 3.

Edit : Now 100% sure it's a VFC.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

it has a working bolt catch although its broken it is functioning. a friend seems to think it may be a star/ares i just have no idea n its wrecking my brain as i wanna know how much of a bargin i am getting lol

Comment

EDIT

Just realised that the Hop-Up is a m4 style so that rules out CA or Dboys

It must be a STAR/Ares as I beleive they use standard m4 hop ups, correct me if im wrong people.

Its NOT VFC as the stock is a gen II stock not Gen III

Look at stocks

Gen II

Gen III

Last edited by rossy02; 2 December, 2010, 00:39.

Comment

Yeah I'm with rossy02 on this i think its a dboys
              "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
              Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

It cant be dboys matey

As I have one in front of me now and it uses a SCAR hop up like the CA.

Star/Ares use m4 hops I beleive

Comment

check the connection between the stock and the reciever if I am correct the vfc uses connections in the hinge so no cables but I think ares might be wires but not sure on ares. also vfc strips down like the real steel.

Comment

Originally posted by SSTSparkz View Post
                    check the connection between the stock and the reciever if I am correct the vfc uses connections in the hinge so no cables but I think ares might be wires but not sure on ares. also vfc strips down like the real steel.
                    Yes thats true.

Although because of the Gen II stock It CANNOT be a VFC

Comment

looking at it again gaffa ,

looks like a Ares . has same gas block set up and trades are identically placed,

also, look on the hop unit as it will have a marking on the lower half under the adjustment wheel

Comment

Yeah, I had a late-night moment... I completely forgot Star/ Ares even made a Scar (and yet they're one of the companies that do the H model!)

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Lol, yeah met too, just been looking at my CA one and mate G+G so they ruled out,
                          the doys trades are differently placed and also the gas block is horrible ,
                          not AGM as it has a massive agm on the mag well if it were ..
                          VFC stock is different also the hop unit

only leaves really star / ares ...

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                            Lol, yeah met too, just been looking at my CA one and mate G+G so they ruled out,
                            the doys trades are differently placed and also the gas block is horrible ,
                            not AGM as it has a massive agm on the mag well if it were ..
                            VFC stock is different also the hop unit

only leaves really star / ares ...
                            Looks like a Star/Ares given the trades, stock and (especially) hop unit and working bolt release, but about 3 of the other models ..

Dboys and AGM are both clones of the CA Scar-L, the only visual external differances between the 3 are the trades and barrel/gas block (plastic texturing is slightly differant on close inspection of all 3 and the colouring of the tan versions of all 3 models don't match, but you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart if repainted without close inspection).
                            AGM and Dboys both have accurate FN Herstal markings in the same place as the CA's trades (the CA also has a unique serial number, which the other 2 do not), AGM features AGM and Commando badges on the opposite side of the metal upper whilst Dboys and CA have nothing.
                            The gas block on the CA is a more accurate gunmetal/grey colour whilst AGM and Dboys both have a solid black unit. The barrel (or extension, on models without a fixed barrel assembly) on the CA is smooth affair as is the Dboys, but the AGM comes with an M4 style barrel extension, Dboys also comes with an M4 style flash hider, the other 2 dont.
                            The Hop units of the CA and AGM are all but identical, both featuring metal bodies whilst the Dboys uses an identical design but using a plastic body (infact the only differances I could find between the CA and AGM units I have in front of me now is the AGM features marginally deeper etching of the "Hop" text and a metal pin securing the adjustment arm, the CA has a plastic pin and smaller spring, which you wont see without removing the units).

Incidently, the rear sight of the model in question is mounted backwards, minor issue but irks the hell out of me, CoD MW2 commited the same sin! :P
                            AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hamster171 Find out more about hamster171
                            Working...
                            X