gr16 upgrade options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gr16 upgrade options

Hey i just got a gr16 was planning to use it as a backup for my pdw or gbbrs but it acctualy seems like a fantastic stock gun, the range, rof and look are all pritty good so im wondering just to bring it up to primary weopen standerd anyone got any ideas? anything that these guns are known to need? what battery do use recommend (all my other guns use lipos with deans connecters but im going to keep this one normal)? change the motor? barrel?
    let me know your ideas, cheers guys and sorry for spelling am typeing with gloves on as it is FREEZING in belfast right now lol
    sigpic

Re: gr16 upgrade options

Originally posted by UndeadGhost View Post
    it acctualy seems like a fantastic stock gun, the range, rof and look are all pritty good

you pretty much answered your own question there!

If you like it and have no issues with it, it doesnt really need anything!

As for reliability, not sure what it would need to keep going and going as I dont own one

Comment

yeh it does seem pritty good like although mabey would like a tad more range and does anyone know for sure if the internals are good for 9.6v?
      sigpic

Comment

Almost all guns are fine with a 9.6, so Id go ahead and whack one in. Youll notice a slight increase in rof and perhaps some in the trigger response.

regarding the range, just get a new hop rubber for a tenner and whack that in and you should be good to go. If youre on a budget, just get closer to what youre trying to shoot

Comment

Well just do a good service, shim job AoE grease ect. Mabye a Tm rubber.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

yeh just got the tm hop for it as i think it was needed, yeh stucck a 9.6v nicad in it and its rof is round 1070 rounds per min witch im happy with and ben lol yeh geting closer is always more fun
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds pretty good.

I think im gonna leave an 8.4 in my M4 as ill be using that as a CQB/milsim gun so dont want that firing at a silly rate of fire. My AK uses a 9.6 though. The blowback just seems a lot more zippy on that instead of an 8.4

Yeah, After spending so much upgrading one gun, and then making it useless to me, and using another fabled for its range, and getting a much better result with a standard aeg, Im gonna focus on how I play rather than what I play with

Comment

sounds good, i always prefered going with like one person and going right round the enemy and just taking them out one by one
                sigpic

Comment

Tb be honest mate
                  before I modded mine
                  I just added a new ics hop nub and was brilliant gun after cleaning the barrel

also try getting a 9.6 split battery mate as will be better for longer

But all depends if your happy with it or like to upgrade

Comment

I put a mad bull TB in mine and a TM hop rubber, i noticed quite a big improvement, but as everyone else has said, the internals are fine as they are stock, just a shame they didn't put the same effort in to the externals.
                    sigpic

Comment

you dont actually need the madbull tightbore as it already comes stock with a 6.03 barrel and to the comment a few above, it definately can take a 9.6v as is says so on the box, maybe risk it for a bicuit and trya 10.8 for super insaneness.

Regards

Matt
                      sigpicLooking for a tk twist 364mm/363mm TBB
                      Looking for dark earth magpul ladder rail covers (official or not)

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
                        Well just do a good service, shim job AoE grease ect. Mabye a Tm rubber.
                        Sexual inuendo? or just me? lol nah i second montessa's evaluation, if its as good as you say stock then no need for nothing else really
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UndeadGhost Find out more about UndeadGhost
                        Working...
                        X