Collapse

Connected Battery Draining - A Myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Connected Battery Draining - A Myth?

Total Myth, battery drains a small amount of voltage when stored, draining while connected to your AEG (it only drains a small amount of voltage same as stored mode), non sense unless you pull the trigger. But if you have some kind of super advance computerized mosfet then yes. This mosfets needs power to constantly monitor your battery's voltage and when it dips down to 20% it automatically shuts off. Literally shuts off, you're AEG won't fire.

Comment

If your gun has a MOSFET, it will drain a battery if you leave it connected. All MOSFETs have a "leakage current", which will cause the battery to drain faster than its own internal resistance.
      If the MOSFET unit has a microcontroller, that'd drain it even faster.

Comment

(unless you own an L85)

Is it really that difficult to take a battery out of a gun/remember to pack it for the next day?!

The question had to be asked.
        sigpic

Comment

(Ahh so that's why my 11.1v 3800mAh, that was used in a S/A SR25 drained after 50 rounds being fired)... Hehe. Damn Trigger master.

Pilot, that's not the point.

I don't leave my batteries connected. I'm sure those people who own the likes of RS Type 97's do leave them in their guns as its an arse of a gun to connect batteries to. I'm only looking for some evidence to support either sides of the myth.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

@gaffa ya bro I use the mother of trigger master that's why I know......:D

Comment

Guns shouldn't be stored with batteries installed...End of myth...lol...
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                Guns shouldn't be stored with batteries installed...End of myth...lol...
                mine are, and have been or the last 4 years with no problems what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Devoted View Post
                  but the battery is not making a connection to anything, its a dead circuit untill the switch is on (trigger)
                  agreed! another myth, people confusing normal battery drain with the gun using power even though no circuit is made.

It steems from the marui instruction manual saying do not leave the battery connected, which of course is a simple saftey precuation and nothing to do with battery drain.

Over time, any battery will slowly loose charge. some technologys doing it faster than others. Qualtiy of cells makes a difference too.

Comment

The other problem, though more prevalent with non-rechargeable batteries, is chemical leakage. If left for too long, some batteries deteriorate and leak acid, etc. all over the equipment. Granted, this can take a while, but it's still a risk.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                    Working...
                    X