Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM Sten MKII

Hi guys a really quick question,
    Im looking at getting a AGM Sten MKII from a asian hobby site and ive been looking at appently they only fire in full auto. Can i change it to just semi auto or both easily? If i cant then the gun will be pointless.

Cheers
    Phil
    sigpic

Re: AGM Sten MKII

It uses an M14 gearbox with all the selector, safety, trigger, etc. stripped off, and a separate switch for the trigger.
    There is no selector at all on it, so it's full-auto only. If you fit an appropriate MOSFET controller, you could get select-fire, but you'd have to fit a selector switch.
    I'd not describe the modifications necessary as "easy".

It's annoying really - Their MP40 has a selector, but it shouldn't, and the Sten doesn't when it should.

Comment

Damn, cheers mate, its such a shame cause its such a beautiful gun but I play at cqb sites which are semi only so itd be a lovely wall piece which is just pointless
      Cheers again mate
      sigpic

Comment

as sonic says your fortunate, becuase you only play single only, if your dream is a sten. Get a mosfet which is programed single only. Youll need to asses space, then contact a mosfet maker in the states, and ask them to do you the smallest mosfet they can which is single only. They are happy to replace the chip on most normal sized ab fets with a single only version. Thus you can avoid the need for a fancy computer mosfet which is both costly and large, with rubbish wire mounting points.

Its a cheaper and more conveient solution, which basically only involves you fitting a mosfet to your sten.

Comment

Actually, Richardy, a semi-locked MOSFET would need to be a "fancy computer" one anyway. In which case, there's no difference in size.

WRT space to put it in, if you get a "second edition" one that has the battery in the stock, the space in the receiver where the lipo went in the original is free.

Finally, I would recommend AGAINST getting a Sten for CQB. With the magazine sticking out to the left, it makes it hard to get close to a wall, or round corners on that side.

If you want a WW2 gun for CQB, I'd recommend either a Thompson or AGM MP40. Both of those have semi-auto. The MP40 has a folding stock, and if you want to, you can get hi-caps for the Thompson.
          NOTE: The SRC MP40 does NOT have semi.

Comment

NOOOO, STEN ALL THE WAY :D

I was going to get the version 2 one but at some point replace the stock with the wire stock.

Im really not sure wether to get a DBoys PDW (which would be cheaper and easier but not as cool as the sten) or the sten which would need more money and work on it to make it as i want it (but its so much cooler).

Im not sure what to do now
            sigpic

Comment

Actually i was refering to the more computerised microcontroller ab fet's, notice how i worded it, contact them, and ask them.. i was picturing something before getting to the stage of the larger computerised fets. Alot of them are now making them all microcontroller based as its smaller.

Regardless of that im not completely on my own here, ive got an email from terry saying he would simply place a chip on an ab long for no extra cost.. if i specified it in an email. Making it single only. Dont shoot the messenger.

He might have ment his evolution model, before the evolution was out as this was some time ago. which is smaller than the larger computer fets, same size as a normal ab long.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_Fred View Post
                NOOOO, STEN ALL THE WAY :D

I was going to get the version 2 one but at some point replace the stock with the wire stock.
                That's what I've done.

If you want to put a skeleton stock on it later, you can't put the MOSFET in the back of the receiver behind the gearbox - you'll need that space to put the LiPo in. I've not had mine apart, so I don't know if there's enough room to put it (the MOSFET) in the "bulged" cover under the gearbox in front of the trigger.

Comment

oh fair enough, looks like thats the sten out of the question for the time being, cheers for the advice guys, really appericated
                  sigpic

Comment

Ive had a try on one of these and theyre super sweet I found that pulling the trigger part way when on full auto made it fire semi only and this was fairly consistent...I reckon once youre used to it, semi wouldnt be a problem at all :D
                    Originally posted by rockinrobin
                    52 asterisks! Is that a forum record for one post?

Comment

The site wouldn't allow it as it's still on full auto.

You could always glue a rail onto it and put a fet in a PEQ box
                      WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

turn it in to a Mk2S ? loads of room in that silencer
                        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post

You could always glue a rail onto it and put a fet in a PEQ box
                          :D pure class lol...

Mk2S sounds like a good call - can get a longer barrel in there too then
                          Originally posted by rockinrobin
                          52 asterisks! Is that a forum record for one post?

Comment

Hey,

Well i was going to go for a mk2s anyway but i didnt think about putting the mosfet into the silencer, the only problem is that the picture i saw of the switch asemably looked really odd.

Anyway i aint getting a sten now, well not at the moment anyway, ive already got a new gun before ive even got the money for it lol
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dead_Fred Find out more about Dead_Fred
                            Working...
                            X