Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How much of a difference does barrel length make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much of a difference does barrel length make?

I always thought about this and realized i have never actually given myself a reason why apart from a more stable flight path due to going straight through the barrel, Then realizing you would need equal pressure at both sides of the bb to make it fly level. So anyone fancy enlightening me on how much of a difference barrel lengths make?
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: How much of a difference does barrel length make?

We have this thread atleast twice a week, I'm sure.

None is the correct answer.

Science tells us the BB will travel at the same direction and speed forever, until another force effects it. In our case, mainly gravity. But also throw in some uplift from the hop rubber and wind.

The BB has no memory if it travelled for many miles in this straight line, or if it has been going straight for just 5cm.

Comment

I did try the search button but i got an error :/ and thanks i was just wondering why the need for huge barrels on DMR's and sniper rifles guess it's just for looks.
      Thanks Josh
      Originally posted by Tiercel
      I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

You might get higher FPS with a longer barrel, as the air behind the BB is pushing it for longer before it reaches the muzzle.
        BUT, if the cylinder is perfectly matched to the shorter barrel, it might have no effect, or even lower the fps.

There are other effects, but you'll get just as many opinions for as you will against...

Comment

Originally posted by Nadrian View Post
          .... i was just wondering why the need for huge barrels on DMR's and sniper rifles guess it's just for looks....
          In the real versions, the barrel length does make a difference. So if the airsoft replica wants to have the magwell and muzzle in the right places, the inner barrel needs to be the same size too!

Comment

if your search function dont work ,use google they come up with forum links ,i have been sent to this forum from google many times.

- scott

Comment

IMO and discussed with a science teacher through a detention. TB doesn't make a difference after so many mm, but a normal barrel does.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
              A brain?
              Originally posted by snuff
              Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

with longer barrel your acurracy mabye better but range is all about the hop up

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky sniper View Post
                  with longer barrel your acurracy mabye better but range is all about the hop up
                  Sorry I don't agree with that...

It may have a lot to do with the hop, but not everything to do with it.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                  Working...
                  X