TM Type 89 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM Type 89 Upgrade

Don't know how easy spares will be to come by. Has anyone found any aftermarket gears ?
    EDIT: Spares will be even harder to come by as I am moving to South Africa, so it now looks like an M120 is no longer an option.
    New list is:
    *maybe* M105
    MOSFET
    Keep 8.4v stick
    Deans Connectors
    Madbull Shark Hop Rubber
    Any additions you guys would make?
    Last edited by amandla36; 2 June, 2009, 00:13.

Comment

I need to know if the Firefly 'buffer rubber' is a replacement for the hop nub. If it is, is it any good?

Comment

Big-Out were the ones who brought them in, and id say they're still the best quality. If you believe they work then thats the one id go for.
        Bear in mind that Madbull Buckings come with "H" hop spacers/nubs anyway.

EDIT: Looking back on what i posted the other day, i was wrong to be throwing down numbers on the life expectancy for the stock gear set.
        It was just a guess going by experience, some will out last others, I've got one set thats been pulling a 150% since 2004 and I've changed it out for an M120 at times throughout the years and its still going strong. On the other hand some have gone quicker, i find that tends to be with higher cycle rates as opposed to spring rates.
        I know that a reinforced gearset has been in discussion, but it's not likely to come of anything unless the demands are higher.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

The set I ordered say they come with fishbone nubs. Anywho, I'm gonna try and get some BE Type 89 gears as they are apparently quite high quality and made of steel.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amandla36 Find out more about amandla36
          Working...
          X