Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy MP5k - CA Metal upper

Alright guys,

I am currently in HK and amidst my wonders, I have been directed to the airsoft district! Imagine your favourite airsoft shop, next to 20 shops like it. It has been hard not to part with my cash, I can tell you!

Either way, amongst that, I have stumbled across a CA shop, and I can get a CA MP5k metal upper for a rather tasty price. In the UK its just over £80, of which I am not willing to spend just to fill with Chinese innards.

Now, my question, does anyone know if the Galaxy and CA uppers are compatible, be it with some little mods or not? I ask as I LOVE my MP5k but after taking it apart to fix, the plastic upper has practically crumbled on me!

In all honesty, if this doesn't work, I will sell it and get a CA one off the shelf as its that good!

Ta!

Re: Galaxy MP5k - CA Metal upper

AFAIK - they are, mine has a mix of parts in it and now has a CA metal upper on it.
    It had a Galaxy upper on it previously with the CA lower and worked perfectly till the plastic self destructed whilst changing the battery.
    Originally posted by mr lean 81
    painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

the galaxy is a clone of tm, and ca metal body is tm compatible

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Cheers guys, pretty much all I wanted to hear!

Also, for those PMing me, sorry, I got the price wrong, I have found it in the UK for £105, not ~£85.

Comment

Major Landmark has fitted a CA MP5K metal body to his Galaxy MP5. It's on there, but there's a gap in the top where it hasn't met properly. Over a couple of years of ownership, he still hasn't done anything about making it close better. So I can only assume it's not a problem, just an aesthetic niggle. I'm sure it's nothing a little hard work wouldn't fix.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hopewell Find out more about Hopewell
          Working...
          X