Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewiring an ICS M4 Gearbox

Hi there

I want to rewire an ics gearbox from back (solid stock) to front (Handguard)

Is this hard to do? are there any guides etc that anybodyu knows about and could this be done quickly on a game day in a feild or is it a workshop job

thanks

Will
    Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...266#post278266

sigpic

Re: Rewiring an ICS M4 Gearbox

Its a workshop job. Certainly not something Id want to do in the middle of a skirmish!
    You will need to open up the gearbox and re-jiggle all the wiring inside the gearbox so that it comes out the front of the gearbox. If you're competant with your gearboxes and good with a soldering iron, its pretty easy. If not then I wouldnt advise trying it yourself.

Comment

It's quite straightforward really.

If you are good with a soldering iron and some crimp connectors all you have to do is buy some cable (********* ****), i believe 18awg is the stock wiring gauge, de-solder the originals and solder new wires into place. This takes me about 15 mins, and costs about £5 max.

If not, find an ICS distributor in the uk (there are several) and buy a new ICS V2 switch block for front wired guns. These are about £20-25 per set, and are basically a drop in replacement.

Being a two part design ICS V2 gearboxes are some of the easiest in the world to work on, be methodical in how you go about opening it for the first time, and make sure it all goes back the same way.

Comment

I have the ICS front wiring set now from zeroone that has the conectors on it ideally i would like put my magpul stock on it for the game this sunday at GZW is it still a workshop job or can i get away with doing this with guidence from the team on the parcel shelve of my car ??

thanks for your help

Will
        Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...266#post278266

sigpic

Comment

The only thing to consider is small parts that can (and sods law says will) go missing as you start work, also ICS motor connectors are well known for being as soft as warm butter.

Your much safer if your going to do it indoors where you stand a better chance of finding that vital small screw that would have rendered your gun usless on the field.

Comment

I would try a custom wirering loom like on the ICS MP5's.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
            A brain?
            Originally posted by snuff
            Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
              I would try a custom wirering loom like on the ICS MP5's.
              That is a bloody good idea leave all the connections in the solid stock (i presume your leaving it solid) if not as long as you have somewhere to hide the wires.
              And then modify and solder the front wire kit on, hey presto front and rear wired M4.
              might sound a bit complicated but you then got the choice whenever you want.
              Just dont have 2 batts wired in at the same time...lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wartiss Normal 18yr boy who is always dreaming new ways to kill time currently airsoft. Find out more about wartiss
              Working...
              X