Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Removing front m4 sight & swapping wiring set...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing front m4 sight & swapping wiring set...

Hi guys i have the ics full metal m4a1 r.i.s, just a question that i have been wondering for a while...
    Can i remove the front m4 sight, without the ris falling apart? Do i need to cut anything etc.? Can i take the sight off, but leave the little metal round cap on the ris to keep it together? Just im thinking of making it a shorter barrel with silencer, so basically the silencer pretty much touching the ris. Also i am getting a crane stock and looking to put the battery to the back, so if i buy this http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=4925 (rear battery wiring) will i simply be able to swap it out and jobs a good'n? or will it need more modification etc...? And finnaly anyone know if a d-boys crane stock and stock tube will defo fit my ics m4? I can upload pictures if needed...
    Thanks for any help,
    Cheers,
    Josh!

Re: Removing front m4 sight & swapping wiring set...

A, the wiring will fit ( if the gear box is not the split box design )
    B, only ics parts will fit on the ics stock mate as it has the block on the rear of the weapon, unless you modify it to fit

Comment

You cant remove the front sight without the R.I.S falling off.
      Not being funny to yourself but ive now seen that question asked at least half a dozen times, in reality if you look at it what is there other than the front sight to hold it all together?

With the new switch block rewiring to the back should be a peice of pee if you have a little tech knowledge.

As far as the stock goes, some after market stocks fit the ICS M4 however its the stock tube that is incompatible with any other manufacturer (unless your willing to modify) if your going to go cranestock the best option would be to get hold of an ICS cranestock.

Comment

Re: Removing front m4 sight & swapping wiring set...

It is a split gearbox... and yes i did think that the front sight held it together it was just a query as i have seen m4s without it but still with a ris rail...
        Also would the dboys stock tube not fit onto the reciever?
        the reason i don't want to go with the ics stock is because it requires special batteries which are like 40quid, outrageous!
        Cheers for the help

Comment

I think it would be easier to adapt the ICS stock to take other batterys than another manufacturer stock tube to fit the M4.
          I must say although i swear by them and have owned no other manufactures M4 they are the bain of any upgraders existance.

Stock wise its all in how its secured to the back of the gun, most other makers do it close to RS....noo not ICS they have to be different and secure it in a completley different way to everyone else.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
          Working...
          X