ASCU in ICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCU in ICS

I have an ICS M4 and I would like to improve trigger response,looking into it I think I'll opt for the ASCU system.
    I'm currently running a std 9.6v(not lipo) and have noticed that there seems to be a delay in trigger pull vs firing.
    What I want to know is how much of a job it is and will there be anything else I'd need to do?
    And are there any reasons why not to do it?
    Thanks.:D

Re: ASCS in ICS

You mean the Airsoft Smart Control Unit (ASCU)??

Comment

Re: ASCS in ICS

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      You mean the Airsoft Smart Control Unit (ASCU)??
      Yes....

Comment

Re: ASCU in ICS

If you have a ICS split gearbox, then no. If you have one of the old fashioned ones, should be fine.

Here is my review:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71765

The short of it basically is a nice unit, but a pain in the arse to fit and far too expensive for what it does!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          If you have a ICS split gearbox, then no. If you have one of the old fashioned ones, should be fine.

Here is my review:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71765

The short of it basically is a nice unit, but a pain in the arse to fit and far too expensive for what it does!
          Ok cheers..that's poo~poo'd that then....are there any other options to increase the "reaction" speed,and cheers for the link.

Comment

Great review Jag lucky I asked first...

Comment

Depends what the delay is like really! If it's not too much, then the combo of fast motor, good battery, correct lube, mosfet etc will help no end.

If the problem is a little more serious, you'd be looking to find a problem!

Comment

Hi mate, I also have an ICS M4 and have been looking to do the exact same. Try getting it properly serviced - i.e. Gutted, cleaned, re-lubed and re-shimmed. Also make sure the trigger contacts aren't dirty (the get carbonised over time but can be cleaned with some alcohol). I've just done that and it really has helped a lot.

In terms of motor, I would suggest sticking to the Turbo3000. I was looking at swapping it out but found that the only motor that would noticeably better the 3000 (we're looking for torque, not high speed) is the Systema Magnum, which is like £80 a pop!

I find that on a 9.6V or 7.2V 25C lipo it shoots fantastically and is really very responsive. If you're still not getting what you want then get an active braking MOSFET (AB because it will do wonders for your motor/gearbox if you upgrade to a high Voltage battery). If you STILL want more then I'd suggest getting an 11.1V lipo (ensure the MOSFET is AB if you do) but I really don't think you'll need to go that far.

I'm just running on a full service and a 7.2V lipo (9.6V NiCD works as well) and the thing fires on semi faster than I can pull the trigger.

One little footnote is ensure you have the Turbo3000 motor as earlier models had the Turbo2000 which wasn't anywhere near as good!

Hth!

Comment

The mosfet was my next consideration.
                  Running a 9.6V,it's always well lubed,but the issue was highlighted at the weekend in the colder weather..at least mine continued where others failed completely.
                  TBH it wasn't a worry until someone else fired it and mentioned it was slow(not last w/end btw),perhaps I need to "lighten" the trigger..
                  Cheers for the advice I will strip it out properly and check the mentioned..and consider a mosfet...

Comment

AB MOSFET do wonders for breaking you GB's faster than normal! Get a normal 'FET you not running a extreme set up so it's all good.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                    A brain?
                    Originally posted by snuff
                    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
                      AB MOSFET do wonders for breaking you GB's faster than normal!
                      Care to back that up as to why, as I think that is wholly untrue!!

Comment

I may have put it into extream but I was copying the way he said it. Unless this is going to be a fairly standard setup with no big figures it wears out your gears and the like faster than normal. Your motor with also get damaged quicker. Ever been going 30 MPH at 5,000 RPM in a car and then changing to reverse then blipping the engine to 2,500 RPM? Gonna break quickly.

A brain?

Comment

Difference being the motor does not go backwards, so neither does the gears or anything!

The only possible long term damage is to the motor, which is £20 fix anybody can do without opening up the weapon. When I say long term, talking years and years!

Sorry, but you clearly do not understand how an AB MOSFET works!

Comment

I guess you have never tried doing that in a car either.... IIRC the 'FET sends a reverse current to the motor therefor giving it a breaking efect on the gears.

A brain?

Comment

The reversed current is to slow the motor, at no point does it start spinning the other way.

Therefore impossible for it to affect any gearbox parts in any way. Only possible part is the motor.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snuff Find out more about snuff
                              Working...
                              X