ics m4 re-wire to back for crane stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ics m4 re-wire to back for crane stock

Hey, i've finnaly got myself a crane stock so am now looking to re-wire to the rear of the gun. First off can i do it with what i have at the minute, do i need to get any extra wires/connectors etc? Next whilst re-wiring should i swap the tamiya's for deans? If it is easier, shall i just get a new lower gearbox wired to the back, as i have been offered £30 for my current box, so it would cost £20 to do it that way, and would be much easier... (I do have pretty good solering skills so that isn't such a problem :D)
    If i do need new wire, should i get some 16awg stuff? And do i need heatshrinks?

Has anyone got a decent guide on how to re-wire ics guns, or are they the same as all other v2 gearboxes?

thanks in advance for any help,
    Josh :D

Re: ics m4 re-wire to back for crane stock

was faced with the same dilemma you now have and opted to just buy a new lower gearbox. although there are a couple of videos in youtube on how to take apart an iCS lower gearbox, and it is not techincally challenging if you are used to that kind of thing. However for the difference of £20 i found it was just less hassle and the gun was defintiely going to work afterwards

Comment

It doesn't matter xD thought i'd give it a shot! I don't have any extras, just the gearbox and some tools, and managed to do it, only took about an hour, i am very please :D only thing is, wire length, so i am going to have to get some 16awg wire and extend one of them... on yours, how far is the wire coming out of the gbox? My red wire is about 2cm out and my black wire about 10cm out. Thanks

Oh yeh guys, if anybody wants a tutorial putting up of how i did it i gladly will

Comment

Ok, here's what it looks like now...

First off, is the green/black thing on the second piece of cable a fuse?

And is the black cable long enough or should i also extend that?

And for the red wire should i make it the same length as the black?

Thanks

Comment

Yes it's a fuse.

Motor wires look fine, possibly too long.

Yes, i would suggest to lengthen the red wire.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
          Working...
          X