Hope placement issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope placement issue

Having a problem with my M4s hop unit. It's a normal 1 piece, and put it all back together to find it's not feeding right. Problem is that the bbs aren't reaching the top of the hops feed tube as the air nozzle is a tiny bit over the top. I can push the hop unit forwards slightly and feed a single bb in at a time and it works fine.

What can I do to make sure they reach the top of the tube everytime?

Also, the gearbox has dropped down to semi only, very randomly. The gearbox before was working on auto only, was rebuilt completely. Worked flawlessly, now only seems to be working on semi after I put the rear stock pin in

Re: Hope placement issue

For the hop problem; can't you shave a tiny bit off the air nozzle? And for the semi problem; is the body touching the plate?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

The air nozzle will move backwards as part of the cycle to let a BB in. So should overlap

Have a look in the hop unit down the barrel, with the hop off. Should be a perfect circle, if not the rubber has got scrunched up.

Edit: As such....

Comment

Hop seems fine, it's letting bbs pass through. At the moment this is how it works.

Pop bb in the feedtube, stops at the air nozzle. Push the hop unit forwards against the spring on it, and it pops down towards the hop. Release it so it pushes back against the gearbox, fire, and hey presto. It's as if I'm missing some sort of buffer part between the gearbox and hop unit!

Comment

Air nozzle is about 1 3rd of the way over the top, and rather than moving back, seems to just jiggle on the spot. Could be the problem?

Comment

Sounds like it is not connected to the tappet plate correctly then.

Either not put on correctly or broken!

Comment

God damn it. My tech only just put this thing back together. Guess he did it wrong!

Comment

What jagillham said. If its not moving the tappet plates broken or the nozzle is broken/disconnected. Mabye he forgot to put the spring on.

A brain?

Comment

With the gearbox out, it should have very little sideways movement. If you can push it back and forth more than a few mm's without any resistance then it's definitely that.

Comment

Pushing it back and forth doesn't move it at all, remembered that when I put it in! My skorpion gearbox did move, but thought it was just differences between gearboxes!

Comment

Jam donuted?

A brain?

Comment

Fire off a few shots on semi, then see if it's the same! Should be able to see if it moves too at that point.

Comment

...?

Comment

Don't have the Skorpion anymore lol. Will go get the AK!

Comment

The workhorse rifle works as expected, so yeah mines knackered. Got a new gearbox coming off here in the next few days hopefully so will just drop it in and should be good to go! Thanks for the help guys :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X