Motor's not aligning and blowing fuses and destroying batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor's not aligning and blowing fuses and destroying batteries

Ok had a G&P M4 to peices and putting it all back together everything was fine then came to installing the motor and pistol grip. I ran the cables through the correct holes and moved them around as shown by youtube guides,Then as i started to screw the motor connectors in, they snapped. So replaced the connectors screwed everything in and then it blew the fuse just trying the motor (connectors catching the base plate and shorted it). After filling down the section on the baseplate that was shorting it, tried again and the motor wouldn't go anywhere near down enough to engage with the gears so tryed re-arranging cabling and it still didn't work so then put both wires through 1 hole and managed to get it down far enough. Then it either had too much pressure and just locked up or not enough and rattled against the side. After the latter problem i checked the motor and the pinion gear on the motor was starting to strip so had one last go and low and behold it dry fired.. a total of 4-5 times then battery cut out and its now fried. Am pulling my hair out at this can anyone shed light on my problem? Thanks
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Motor's not aligning and blowing fuses and destroying batteries

It's all gone pete tong!

You didn't really want to take anything from that base plate, it's that size to keep things in place. You going to need to get some connectors that are insulated.

Should just be a case of pulling the wires though tight, pushing them flush against sides of pistol grip, then dropping the motor in. They can take some "arranging" to close the base plate, but that's trial and error basically!

Comment

Hmmm it just doesnt seem to want too budge :/ i have a spare baseplate if it's needed and for the battery would any old racing car battery over 8.4v's do? Thanks
      I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

Any ideas on the questions in the post above? Thanks

Comment

When you put it back together did you check everything inside the gearbox moved freely?

You should be fine with an RC battery so long as it is a similar voltage to your origonal.

Sometimes as Jag says the wires can be a complete B*stard in the pistol grip, particularly if you have some of the better soft silicon 16 awg wires.

Nearly forgot, if it doesn't work with a quick trigger pull. Don't keep pulling the trigger, something is not right.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
          Working...
          X