How to make my m4 SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make my m4 SD?

Hi guys, looking for someone to give me some advice on making my m4 SD ( basically an m4 with a silencer on the end instead of front sights etc...

Here is a picture of exactly what i want it to look like...

Take note of the front end only

So i already have ris rails, now what do i need? At an action site they sell a dboys conversion kit for £50, but it's out of stock, it may not fit since i have ics, and i'd rather not buy more ris rails.

So is there a way to do it with what i already have? Obviousley, i will buy a new outer barrel and front delta ring, and ofc a silencer

Thanks for any help.

P.S i need to do this without the ris rails falling apart Which may be a problem when removing front sights...

Re: How to make my m4 SD?

I've been looking at the same with my M16, ICS don't except any other manufacturer, so theres no free floating ris rail available. The only option is to bolt your ris onto the receiver, and mount a silence through it attached to the inner barrel. The other option I was looking at was buying DD 14.5 free floating rail and cutting to fit, but if I screw it up, theres 100 quid plus down the drain!

Comment

Is free floating ris the same as ras? I think if i somehow glued the two seperate rails together? This may help? Sound silly but... :P I really want to know how src have kept the front delta ring on without front sights, and the whole thing falling apart? Can you fit marui delta rings on ics? Then that would give you a much more variety of rails etc... Also are ics outer barrels fit differently to all others? And here's what i thought i could do, either get no outer barrel and get a 30cm silencer then just stick that on, but i don't think that would be a good idea so i could get either the ics cqb outer barrel (product code ma-83 on z1) But i'm not sure what length this is and where it would come to on my m4, or i could get the JBU m4 kurz outer/inner barrel set ( product code JB-M4KZBNS on z1) Please could you do me a favour and check them out and see what you think? Thanks

Comment

Thats the problem Josh, ICS dont fit anything else without a bit of metal work involved. I'll be watching yours closely!

Comment

I know, they are great guns, and i love the split gearbox, but why on earth would you make them so they are only compatible with ics?! I managed to fit my dboys crane stock on with just about no hassle, just 30secs with the dremel on the stock adapter, and it works a dream so pleased with that, however i then fitted a g&p stock tube sling mount, Jesus christ, that was hell! Took over 2hours of filling the stock adapter! And it's left a gap... possibly epoxy to fill it? I also got slightly enraged at one point, thus taking a hammer to it * i am ashamed * haha! So has some nice dents in it i advise no body use a hammer... haha. And i didn't mean watch what i do, i meant could you check out the two outer barrel on z1 and see what you think? I gave the product quick find codes above. Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
          Working...
          X