TM hop unit Vs Prommy NEO /Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM hop unit Vs Prommy NEO /Help

Righty after my last skirmish i compared my guns range to my friends ...And well it fell short by ALOT.

So i decided to order a Prommy Soft bucking and maybe a Madbull V2 TB which will hopefully rectify this issue?

But then i thought about a new hop unit?

I know that TM 2 piece hops are good but will this be the same http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2977

Also with the above Vs the Neo which one is best?

From stock i can reach out to 38-40M then it drops of left or right , My friends just keep going and going =/ (CA B&T Mp5 with MB Vs2 , Prommy soft , Systema silent piston head , Others , Random mish mash of ACM internals with prommy M16 length barrel and a stock G&G hop unit (plastic) )

Full explanations would be nice not just one worded posts like some people do!

Thanks

John
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Re: TM hop unit Vs Prommy NEO /Help

Go for firefly if you want the best. I would only go for the nub and rubber with the new barrel. Don't need a new unit IMO.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

the new unit is nice the neos a particular fav of mine but it requires a lot of moding in yours being a 2 peice. So i would just get the firefly and flat nub 2 peice set.

Also you havent mentioned power ? max sure you max your guns fps as per your site limits.

Also you can try some heavyer ammo and try adding more hop than normal.

Comment

Nooo i have a stock SRC metal hop unit (1 piece )

FPS is anything from 280-320 , hopefully the FPS boost from my TB wont be much :S
        Hate.
        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Comment

I've had better results with the Promy Neo and Strike setup, though not with any of their buckings, the red hard type bucking is particularly bad.
          Systema, KM RH (new types), Firefly (old type) are fantastic. The bog standard Marui bucking is also very good.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks for the help guys , Ill be installing the rubber on Wednesday and see what that does , If im not happy ill look at getting a TB.

I know prommy and MB are pretty good (MB from china will cost £25 all in) and prommy around £40 od.

So out of the two which is better? People have said that the coating on the MB wears away after a while? Is that true?

Cheers

John
            Hate.

General George S.patton

Comment

i run MB in all my aegs with either tm or systema rubbers i would try the MB with a TM rubber then see if you are matching your mate before spending the cash on anything else. also use .25 or .28bb's.

Comment

I prefer Prometheus tightbores to Madbull. I find they work better for longer. The Madbull barrels seem to get coated with grime alot easier than the Prometheus. Don't know if anyone finds that too, as i think it's odd for that to happen.

As for hop units The Prometheus neo and strike arm is very good. Iv'e only paired it with a Guarder clear hop rubber but the results were excellent. If you can't afford to go all out or don't want to wait the Madbull ultimate i found was very good too. Both with the Guarder clear and Promy purple hop rubber.

Alot of people hype over the firefly soft hop rubber and normal flat nub. I haven't used it myself, so i can't comment.

Comment

Cheers hunter now i just need to find some where that sells prommy barrels!

363mm is out of stock where ever i look =/
                  Hate.

General George S.patton

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gijohn2 I like Trains. Find out more about gijohn2
                  Working...
                  X