Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 Battery Help

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knew the most powerful battery that an ICS M4 could handle, I know the more powerful the faster it will break but I was wondering if an 11.1v Lipo would work? or would I be better off sticking to 9.6v?

Cheers

7.4v will 100% work out of the box.
    11.1v will need some degree of modification to stop it over running.

Comment

Re: ICS M4 Battery Help

Depends on if it's a Sportline. Sportlines have a habit of stripping the teeth of their pistons on a 9.6v/11.1 Lipo. The metal ones don't seem to be so prone, but either way I'd stock to a 7.4 lipo or just a standard 8.4v.

Comment

If you looking for an increase in ROF, I'd go for a good quality 7.4v lipo with a highspeed motor.

Speed does not mean breakages in itself, but it can make any small problems worse.

Comment

So the gearbox will take an 11.1v without starting a self destruct sequence but needs something along the lines of a mosfet to control the flow a bit better?

Its a full metal without any modifications that I am aware of.

I tried a 7.4 Lipo ini my AK and the rate of fire was far below that of a standard 8.4 so I swapped back.
          Does the highspeed motor make a big difference then?

Comment

Depends on a number of factors. The size of the pack and C rating are important factors too.

I had some 7.4v 1500mah 15C packs, which were considerably slower than my current 7.4v 1900mah 25C pack for example.

Comment

Ok, thanks everyone for your replies, they are all greatly appreciated.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3v3n Find out more about S3v3n
              Working...
              X