Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P m4 dissasembly

Hi there,
    I'm stuck trying to disassenble my gun, I can do the stock but I.can't take apart the receivers... I take out the front pin which separates them but the front wired battery wires are through a whole under the barrel with the battery connector.on the other side so I can pull it through because the battery connector is top big... can anyone help?
    Thanks
    M556

Re: G&P m4 dissasembly

Are the wires connected with any other pins along the wire? If not, you will have to remove the tamiya end, and reconnect it later. My advice is if youre handy with wires and a soldering iron to get pins that can connect the wires. Then you just have to unplug from there!

Comment

It's just solid wire trough the hole and then attached to the battery conector on the other side
      I guess I need to take the connector off then.... how do I do that?

Comment

Not really sure. I spose the simplest way would be to yank it off, but I wouldnt recommend it at all.

I suppose the easiest option would be to cut clean through the wire, then strip some of the plastic off, and either solder it together with raw wire, or get the connectors to attach the wires together incase you need to strip it apart later

Comment

You don't need to cut anything.

Make sure it's nothing simple in the way. For example you need to close the dust cover to slide off the top or it hits the pin!

Comment

not 100% but on tamiya can you pit a spike or small flat head down to release the metal inside from the plastic ?

Comment

So your saying there is not plugs or no fuse box?
              sigpic

Comment

There must be unless an army of microscopic men wired it in the factory in one piece, lol.

Comment

I think hes saying that the wires are front wired, and feed through a small gap in the receiver. You cant pull them out with the gearbox, as the tamiya end is too big to fit through the gap.

Am I right?

Comment

Are tamiya plugs not removable im sure the metal plug has a sticking out bit that you push up and they pull out the plastic connector

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                      I think hes saying that the wires are front wired, and feed through a small gap in the receiver. You cant pull them out with the gearbox, as the tamiya end is too big to fit through the gap.

Am I right?

Exactly, yes this is what I mean, sorry I sounded confusing, I assume there is a way of removing the tamuya plug from the wires?

Comment

it is a good opportunity change the tamiya plug to Deans
                        sigpic

Comment

I've sorted it out now guys, I just hd to remove the plug
                          Thanks for all the help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marksman556 Find out more about Marksman556
                          Working...
                          X