M4 Sentry Ris removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Sentry Ris removal

Probably a stupid question but im wanting to replace the standard ris front with a magpul moe, but cant figure out how to remove the gas block/iron sights. When i try to take them off they get caught on a silver bit at the end of the barrel. Im not very techie with guns and have never messed with them before so i have no real idea on how to go around taking off the rail.

Thanks.
    |JG G36K|G&P Magpul M4 Sentry|Kalash AKS-74M|Warrior L96|TM MK .23 SOCOM|TM Samurai Edge Jill Valentine Edition|CYMA Glock 18C|

Re: M4 Sentry Ris removal

i think that u need to remove the flash hider first and thake that silver ring off the barrel..

Comment

Start at the front, is the flash hider and spacer removed? Once thats done should just be a case of knocking out the 2 pins in the front sight and possibly a grub screw underneith it.

Then the ris is just a case of un-doing the 6 bolts near the body, then once the ris is off there will be a barrel nut and ur either need the correct tool to remove it or a pipe wrench or something that u can get round it to undo it.

Gonna pm u aswell with possibly a solution to an easier way
      sigpic

Comment

by the sounds of it, i think its the spacer im having trouble with, how would i remove it?
        |JG G36K|G&P Magpul M4 Sentry|Kalash AKS-74M|Warrior L96|TM MK .23 SOCOM|TM Samurai Edge Jill Valentine Edition|CYMA Glock 18C|

Comment

once you unscrew the flashhider off, it should just slide over the threaded end of the barrel

Comment

Shud just slide off
            sigpic

Comment

no, it doesnt just slide off and it doesnt look like it would move

Edit: what does the barrel but look like?

Comment

Post a pic if u can dude might b easier
                sigpic

Comment

this is the silver ring between the flash hider and the barrel.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CaptainPriceSAS Find out more about CaptainPriceSAS
                    Working...
                    X