My gun is shooting LOUD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My gun is shooting LOUD.

Hey guys, just finished my re-wire, all working fine. However i just put my gun back together, now it shoots fine, but for some reason it is shouting very loud! And i mean loud! (Yes it is firing BB's...) I have a feeling it is something i have done when assembling it, it's and ics m4 so has the split gearbox, could i have maybe dislodged a gear? I don't know just a thought...

Anyway, any help greatly appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Josh

Re: My gun is shooting LOUD.

You're going to have to try and describe the sound...
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

MY BAD! :O There is a spring to go on the end of the motor on the gear, i just noticed it lying on the floor... lol! Will this have caused any damage?

Comment

What is it saying?

Comment

hmm, i put the spring on, but still it seems louder than i thought it would be, is there a certain way the spring should fit on?... It may just be since i havn't heard it in a while...

Comment

The spring you are describing pushes the motor away from the gearbox, against the motor height adjustment screw.

It shouldn't be possible to to put it on incorrectly.....

But if you have ended up with a graunching type noise, it could be that your motor height is not right. Try adjusting it to see if the noise changes. (Unscrew it to lower the motor height).
            Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

motor height i think
              sigpic

Comment

To adjust motor height, do i either loosen the two screws attaching the plate, or adjust the hex screw, either tighter or looser? Thanks

Comment

Hex screw- Looser.
                  sigpic

Comment

The two outer screws hold the motor plate on the grip and should be firmly, but not overly, tightened.

The middle screw, which in your case has a hex head, adjusts the motor height.

Anti-clockwise to lower (more likely the solution)
                    Clockwise to raise the motor.

Comment

Right, i've loosened the screws abit, and loosened the hex screw abit too, how much should i loosen this anti-clockwise? I've given it two full turns and will try the gun again tomorrow. Thanks for the help

Comment

That should be loose enough, be careful if you need to tighten it back up, because if its too tight, your fuse will blow when you pull the trigger.
                        sigpic

Comment

do the motor plate screws back up, dont adjust the height of the motor too much and if you hear no change put it back... have you an amplifier on the gun?
                          old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

Ahh ok, just a querie, do aeg's need a fuse? Also i don't have an amplifier. Thanks

Comment

They don't NEED a fuse, but it is best to have one, as it will prevent damage to your gun if you have any electrical faults.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                              Working...
                              X