Air Nozzle Too Long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Nozzle Too Long?

Hey guys. Just put an M4 together with a gearbox that was recently serviced.

Annoyingly the nozzle seems to actually be too long! Its moving as it should do, back and forth etc, but doesnt move back quite far enough to let a BB in. They seem to catch just on the lip of the feed tube where the nozzle sits.

Anyone got any good methods for shortening the air nozzle by around 1mm?

Re: Air Nozzle Too Long?

anyone got any ideas?

as far as i know, im missing a small rubber seal on the hop unit, would that be whats causing this?

Comment

if the hop unit has a oring, this is just to create a really tight airseal mate,

what make airnozzle is installed

try taking the gun apart again and reinstalling, maybe install a delayer chip if the second time into the gearbox doesn't work

Comment

The air nozzle is just a standard JG one. Gearbox was serviced this morning and is working better than before frustratingly!

Whats a delayer chip?

Comment

A little ring of metal or plastic that goes around the tappet plate shaft on the sector gear. The new Element ones have 1-2mm extra on the tappet plate side to pull it back more. Might be what you need.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Aha. This would make sense, as I have the element gearbox that works fine, and the JG gearbox that doesnt. Will pop down the shop tomorrow and maybe get them to change those two parts over.

Comment

After having a look at all the parts, and thinking about why my sites established tech kept missing this, I had a look at how the hop and air nozzle fitted together. The washer might be more important than believed!

This is what I had before...

And so I added this...

The ring provides a good tight seal between the gearbox and nozzle, but doesn't let the unit slide inside the gearbox. Also, when looking down the feedtube, there's no nozzle blocking it, but you can see the tip of it just off the edge. So seems like it's good to go.

Mags seem to be locking in a lot better now as well before the mags had to be rammed home a little harder than I'd have thought, but seem fine now.

Will give it some test shots tomorrow, but looks promising so far!

Comment

What part is that Ben, or is it just a random o ring? I think my hop up unit on my sentry needs something like that as well, iam having mis feeds and jams which i think may have something to do with the air seal.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey b View Post
                  What part is that Ben, or is it just a random o ring? I think my hop up unit on my sentry needs something like that as well, iam having mis feeds and jams which i think may have something to do with the air seal.
                  Just a random O ring from a multi pack of them. Nothing specific to airsoft thats for sure!

It seems that this is the way this hop up unit may have been intended! Though the 2 piece hop this gun originally came with had nowhere for an Oring to go. Very strange!

Dont consider this case closed until the test fire tomorrow though! But certainly looks as though it may function now! :D

*Crosses fingers very tightly*

Comment

Alright guys, nearly there. This was definately an improvement.

Gun upside down with mag pointing to the sky, the feeding is flawless.

Turn it the right way up, and it feeds every few shots now and then.

Any ideas?

Comment

Thats the mag not the gun.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                      A brain?
                      Originally posted by snuff
                      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Yeah, just tried a hi cap and that definately improved things.

I also noticed if I push the mag up and forward in the gun, hey presto.

The magwell is a bit wobdly, so perhaps some sort of padding in the rear of the magwell, and im away

Comment

Try putting some electrical tape around the top of the magazine, it should keep it tighter in the magwell.
                          sigpic

Comment

Have suggested it could do with some padding in the sale thread

Comment

definately the mags. Just tried a hi cap and fed fine! wahoo!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X