Upgraded SPR giving me grief, any thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded SPR giving me grief, any thoughts

Ok, so its based on a d-boys shell. and inside most of the internals are systema or element.

Im very happy with the performance of the GB. Its perfectly shimmed, sounds healthy and has a very good rof.

And im very happy with the hop, which is a guarder enhanced unit fitted to a mad-bull barrel with a TM rubber.

And when inspected separately the 2 half's of the gun are fine!

When I put them together however the noise of the GB changes very slighlt, adding a quite ping to each shot and the hop immediately stops working.

bb's will go down after about 15 feet whatever you do to the hop wheel, but the occasional one will fly upward and about half will go straight after a lot of adjusting. (this rarely lasts tho!)

And I just cant figure out why the hop unit would suddenly stop working, even though the GB and hop are fine...any idea's on something I might not have checked?

Thanks all

Re: Upgraded SPR giving me grief, any thoughts

is it a new rubber ? and is the hop together correct ?
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Surely they are not aligned correctly (the hop and cylinder head), I had a problem like this in my m4, where the guarder hop just wasn't quite the right size and would not sit properly. So i replaced with a systema one.
      Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

after reading this with my can of V i have noticed your using a madbul tb barrel what type is it ? v1 or v2 swap the barrel out for a standard and try again

i remember the bull barrels were very picky on the bb's they use and it might even have a little damage

whats the fps of the gun ? and what make is the nozzel
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Fps is unknown but id say about 340, range is very good when its working.

The barrel is a V2, and the hop unit is assembled perfectly?

Im going to try it with a CA hop and regular barrel as soon as iv got a battery charged as nozel/hop alignment was my first thought, but would that account for the really inconsistent/broken hop?

Comment

Hop chamber alignment or spacing distance (possibly loose) almost certainly would affect the air seal which would account for the loss of velocity and hop effect.
            It would be worth checking the hop bucking for damages (the hop lip in particular), and maybe the tappet plate/air seal nozzle - eg, when the airseal nozzle is pushed in, does it return with much resistance?
            Last edited by sj_asc; 3 June, 2009, 16:18. Reason: I forgot something...
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

well i think it may not be anything to do with the hop up more likely when you upgraded it either you put your cylinder in the wrong way wich leaves a gap letting air out or another piston related problem.
              Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

I f it was an airseal issue THAT bad, then he wouldn't be able to feel any air coming out, and thewre is a substantial amount exiting the gearbox nozzle.

Chances are its the hopup mate. I have the same issue with my M16 ATM. The gearbox is built and running fine, but the hopup unit is shite, and robs the gun of a good hundred fps. The actual problem I don't really mind about, suffice to say that I'm 99% sure that a new (and less shit) chamber will sort it out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

your evil twin Find out more about your evil twin
                Working...
                X