Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Downgrade

Hi all,
    I'm looking at downgrading the FPS on my M4. I play at the Mall and the FPS i'm currently running is on and around the site limit. Bit too close for comfort and a few of my shots at crono were over the 340fps. They were kind enough to let me play but I think i need to downgrade a few FPS to be safe and avoid bagging my gun for the day.
    Best way I can think of is to downgrade the spring unless there is an easier option??
    Never opened a gearbox before and don't have a clue. What sort of spring would I need to be dishing out around 325-330 fps? The gun is a AABB M4 CQB. Its a basic copy of a G&P and is often confused with one apart from the trades.

Cheers guys

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
    Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
    UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Re: FPS Downgrade

Best way would be swap out the spring for something like a Guarder SP90 spring. You could try the trick of putting the gun to auto, touching the trigger a minute amount. You are trying to stop it after you hear the turn of the gearbox, before the gun fires. This is when the spring is pulled back, if you store it like that for a week, may well bring the FPS down.

Comment

Nice one, cheers Jag. I'll give the spring trick a go. Got a week before the Mall. You coming to that? Theres LOADS of us going :D
      I'll look into the spring too but never opened a gearbox before lol. We'll see lol.

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
      Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
      UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Afraid not, it's about £50 for me inc petrol etc! Not heard the greatest reviews about the place too. So I'd rather go to my local site twice for same cost, lol.

Comment

I was going to post to ask basically the same question. Got an M4 pulling a consistent 366 FPS, and I need it doing 350. It's a G&P M4. Just like ShauG36C I'm not really keen on cracking open the gearbox. Reckon I'll have a go at the spring trick, unless anyone's any other ideas?

If I had to replace the spring, what's the best spec to go for?
          Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shaolin Find out more about Shaolin
          Working...
          X