Extended V2 gearbox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended V2 gearbox...

Hey guys. I've got an A&K SR25 with the extended v2 gearbox, which up until yesterday was locked to semi only to run as a sniper/DMR. This kept locking up so I had it downgraded and put on full auto.

Today, I'd put about 600 rounds through it (taking the total up to around 1000 in 6 weeks or more) and the piston stripped, or at least that's what we think it is.

Is this a common thing for long v2 gearboxes? Any ways to stop it happening? I like the gun but it seems to be one thing after another at the minute!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Extended V2 gearbox...

Ummm I have owned 3 types of guns that have V2's 2 being JG

Not once has the piston stripped ,One was 20 RPS on stock everything minus the motor =/

To prevent it happening? Top quality piston =/
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Probably a lemon piston. Get a TM one, try it and see what happens. Was the FPS stock at 420? Could just be alot on the piston.
      Last edited by Montesa77; 2 January, 2011, 22:09.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Probably aoe if it was fine on single but chewed on auto. Or it may be pre engagement as you have extra teeth to turn arround, depending on speed you are set up at.

Gear sets are none standard V2. See below.

Cut and pasted from another site:

Assuming I am correct. And i dont know 100% that i am, then WHY didnt ALL of the companies simply do what G&G did? Which is add a SPACER to standard V2 piston and use NORMAL STANDARD gears. All this is done in an standard long v2 box, BUT the piston and GEARS remain standard fair.
        Last edited by North West Outpost; 2 January, 2011, 22:16.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

My thoughts at the minute are that it's running a long piston and I've got a 3300mah 9.6v battery hooked up to it. Would that be causing the gears to engage the piston too soon?

Montesa - It was running 440fps out of the box.

Midas - I'll mention it to my tech. As the gun is still covered by his own warranty type thing, he's doing the repairs for me FOC. But I still don't wanna be giving him the gun after every skirmish because it's broken/jammed again.
          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If you use it as a ''normal gun'' see if he can get one of the spacers to use a normal piston and gear set.

Mind you the same approach would be to just short stroke it I guess. So long as the piston has metal teeth to remove that is.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

By the sounds of it, the piston has no teeth because they've all been removed already.

I'll mention it to him tomorrow/tuesday when I go see him about the spacer. Although I might have to see if he'll swap the gun. I've taken a liking to a JG M4 with full metal body and mosfet as standard... Hmm...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

helpimonfire I like cars and guns. And wimmins. And expensive hobbies. I suppose it all goes hand in hand there.. Find out more about helpimonfire
              Working...
              X