Laser in PEQ box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser in PEQ box

Hi i recently got a JG HK416 and it came with a battery peq box and i was wondering if i could put a laser in it and how much would it cost, and would it need much modification
    thanks
    Rory

Re: Laser in PEQ box

If you just want a laser for show (not particularly for accurate aiming), then you'd be best off getting a cheap laser (under a tenner), and it would just be a case of fixing it in place inside, and making a hole for the button / pressure switch. Whether or not you can do it depends on the size of the battery pack. I had a PEQ with a large 8.4 battery in, and it compltely filled the case leaving no room for anything like that. If the cells are smaller you might have more room to play with, and either have enough room already, or there is room if you have the battery pack remade into a different shape. Getting a battery pack reformed usually costs under £10. Its just a bit of soldering and shrinkwrapping... though that is something you could do yourself if you dont mind replacins the shrinkwrap with electrical tape or similar (its in a box, so it should be fine).

If on the other hand you wanted to be able to aim accurately with the laser on the PEQ... Im not sure thats possible without much more extensive modification. Then you would have to be able to get to the focusing and zeroing parts of the laser, as well as on/off. In which case, you'd be looking at a few more holes, and a laser of more like £40+

If you happen to be really set on a PEQ laser for aiming, then your best bet would be relocating the battery and getting a proper peq. Not sure how much they cost, but it's gonna be more.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tovell2121 Find out more about tovell2121
    Working...
    X