G3 SAR TAKTIK II: what upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3 SAR TAKTIK II: what upgrades?

Im thinkin for my G3 and what upgrades to jam in it! I want a new gearbox but not sure which one! The hop up is beutiful and has a great feeding system but i need internal upgrades?
    For a scope i need a CA rail and a red dot, not sure which one tho!
    Any help?
    AK74/47 Parts always wanted!

Re: G3 SAR TAKTIK II: what upgrades?

Why do you need internal upgrades?

Welcome to the forum, but you missed the Tech section and the Advice section... which are part of the General airsoft section anyway!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

The fps is low im looking for a better gearbox, because its the classic army gearbox it has a short life too.
      Ahh would there be any chance to move it?
      If you are the moderator? Sorry!

Comment

Lol, no I'm not a moderator although just giving the heads up.

The classic army gearbox is fantastic... It's one of the best G3's you can get.

If the FPS is low, then you'd need to have the airseal looked at. If it's all fine, just get an M100 or M105 spring, if your site limits are 350fps. If they're 330 you'd ideally want an M95 or an M100 at the most.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Ohh alright, sorry fella!

Sorry, wheres the airseal at?
          Yeah that came across my mind i was thinking the m100. Would it cost abit to get it installed? Sorry im abit of a noob

Comment

Yeah, so if I were you I'd do as suggested, pay for it to be done somewhere!

The airseal is to do with the Piston Head O ring, cylinder, cylinder head, air seal nozzle, hop unit and hop rubber. Although a good shop (like Z1) will know about that. Just make sure you ask them to check the air seal. At the end of the day, if the airseal is corrected, you may be getting 330fps again from the standard CA spring. And 20fps won't make any difference.

If the airseal is corrected and you're getting 310 or less, then I'd say a 350fps (M105) spring would be ideal. The company should chrono the gun(s) for you.

Yeah the Classic Army gearbox is well made and should last a long time (ie one of my old CA M15A4's had more than 110,000 rounds through it standard).

Comment

Ohh alright, well it cant be the airseal its a new weapon? I only got it the other week! And zeroone airsoft is ONE BIG treck from where im situated, im gonna get a spring upgrade, see how it works if its still not good enough, i'll get the weapon checked out! Thankyou for that mate!

Do you know any useful red dot sights mate?

Comment

It could be the airseal, don't let the fact that its only a week old sway you from that. I have had new CA guns where the cylinder head seal needs replacing.

Asside from that, as Gaffa says new spring provided the seals check out ok. If you want to speed up the rof a bit a large 9.6 battery will do you. That should be just about it really. Maybe a tight bore barrel, certainly not a new gearbox.

Aimpoints look ok on those. Well they do in my opinion anyway...lol.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Aye as above. Although I'm not sure a 9.6v will fit in the G3 stock. I'm supposed to be getting a CA G3 SG1 (which I think is the Sar Taktik 2) but the last I remember from working on Pugwash's - its only a 8.4 that fits.

Spring would cost around £7 most posted if you know where to look, a tight bore (which I'd recommend in such a big rifle to get the most out of it) is around £40 (I'd go with Madbull V2 6.03mm 509mm - if that's the correct length).

For a scope you're probably looking at a telescopic scope, or failing that an Elcan suits the G3 best (because it looks good on a FAL and they're similar weapons).

If it's only a week old surely the spring can't be at fault either? Have you had her chrono'd as yet? What's she shooting at with a 0.20g bb?

Yeah ZeroOne is a massive treck for me (good couple of hundred miles) so I've learnt how to work on pretty much every AEG and if I'm really stuck with something it'd be sent off.

Comment

Really...lol.

Hmmm, I had one years ago, I'm sure I used to run it on a 9.6v 3300 mAh. They are only 15mm longer than the 8.4's.

At 175x47x24mm. Obviously different models may vary a bit.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Ahh cheers fella's you've given me a whole book of ideas!
                      By the way, for the airseal; shall i get it checked by pro's? Or is it something quite simple?

Thanks guys!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roshyroovajihi a guy generally interested in anything Find out more about roshyroovajihi
                      Working...
                      X