V2 gearbox crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 gearbox crack

The outer casing of one of my gun's V2 gearbox has a crack where the mag goes in, is there any way to fix this without buying all new things to go inside as Z1 told me at the weekender it would cost me £60 just to repair it!
    Is there an easy way like buying just a new gearbox casing or by soldering it?

Last edited by Stickybomb; 4 January, 2011, 18:21.
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Re: V2 gearbox crack

Im afraid its a common V2 problem and pretty terminal, it happened to my SCAR-L. Easiest/cheapers option is get a spare gearbox casing and just transfer all the internals over. You can get an Ultimate V2 reinforced gearbox shell for about £40, or a cheaper option would be a 2nd hand dead V2 gearbox, shouldnt be too hard to find on here

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
      Im afraid its a common V2 problem and pretty terminal, it happened to my SCAR-L. Easiest/cheapers option is get a spare gearbox casing and just transfer all the internals over.
      Are DBboys casing's good bang for the buck?
      Only £14.99 from a certain hobbies of action
      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

As long as its not all the way through it should be fine untill it breaks. Element 9mm reinforced gets my vote.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
        A brain?
        Originally posted by snuff
        Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

spare casing im assuming z1 was qouting labour as well for doing it for you.

Comment

is that a revolution gearbox ? as in with the ecu etc ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
              Are DBboys casing's good bang for the buck?
              Only £14.99 from a certain hobbies of action
              Dboys is the one I had in my SCAR, not too bad, lasted nearly 2 years of pretty heavy use. If you can afford it though Id go with the Element or Ultimate reinforced ones, they could probably withstand being run over by a tank!

Comment

All v2's die after a while

My systema did

Comment

Haha well considering i only 'soft fortnightly at GZW i guess a dboy's would be alright

Comment

If you can pick up a TM casing on here, that would be my bet!

Look up "radiusing", as a way of preventing V2 front breakage.

Comment

I heard TM's casing were quite weak.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                      A brain?
                      Originally posted by snuff
                      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                      Working...
                      X