• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who uses a Turnigy Accucel 6 lipo charger

i was thinking of cutting the yellow plug off and soldering a deans onto it

Comment

Why not get 4mm plugs and make a whole new lead?

Comment

because i have no need for the XT60's

Comment

To be fair, you can charge any battery at any charge rate. For example, you can charge a 1100mAh battery at 4.0A if you really wanted to. Generally, the most I use is 2.5A but that's for my bigger batteries.

The lowest I'll charge at is about 1.2A, even if the battery is a little 800mAh jobby, that'll get a 1.2A charge. It saves time (which is what I, personally, need) and doesn't really put any extra stress on the battery. NI-MH's get warm when fast charged. Lipo's don't seem to.

I wouldn't say the lower the charge current, the safer, but I would say the lower the current the better.

Also, be sure to ONLY use the balance function for charging your batteries. I don't bother discharging lipo's.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
            Try Utube, I was told there is a guide on there.
            That would be the link I posted "Charging and balancing with an Accucel Charger" - it answers all these questions!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jez Armstrong Find out more about Jez Armstrong
            Working...
            X