how did i manage to break it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did i manage to break it?

ok so ive attempted to change the spring on an ares g36c blowback, you know the one with the easy quick spring change system, yet somehow ive managed to break a brand new gun.

i removed the pin, took the spring guide out, removed the screw, used an allen key to twist the spring guide and took the spring out

put the guide in the new spring, put it back in, turned the guide and locked it in place, screwed the screw back on placed the spring guide in and put the body pin in

fired maybe 10-15 shots to chrono, got some weird readings, some 310 some 50 fps, pressed the forward assist type thing to release spring tension, fired another shot (i think) and now it wont fire at all.

makes the electrical click noise when trigger pressed but nothing happens, also the dust cover is pulled back to expose the hop unit and wont go forward, not sure if its related

p[lease help as i somehow seem to have the death touch when it comes to aeg's

p.s. im not massivley technical, i draw the line at stripping down a gearbox!

Re: how did i manage to break it?!!!

Scratch the big about making a noise it's just dead, tried all different batteries

Comment

Re: how did i manage to break it?!!!

Im tempted to say its osmething to do with that screw obstructing anything maybe?

Did you have the ejection port locked back when you were changing the spring?

Sam
      Originally Posted by balaclava ben
      i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
      sigpic

Comment

Re: how did i manage to break it?

No it was blowing back like normal,

Just took gb out and motor turns over fine when not in the box, can't turn the gears when in and I can't manually move them either?

Think gb is locked up? Anyone know how to resolve this prob?

Also this fell out when I took gb out and no idea what it is or where it came from??!!!

Comment

Repeat what youve just done with the spring out.
          That peice of plastic is nothing major but holds GB wires in the right place.

I dont mean to put a downer on your new purchase but i saw 2 of these bite the dust in as many hours just before xmas.

If its brand new this should realy be a job for the retailer you brought it off.
          Especialy as if you say your not tech minded.

Comment

That just secures the wires on the outside of the gearbox so no worries there.

Comment

Update:

There was a metal lever thing that I moved back in thr gearbox and it started firing,

However,

Now it sounds rough
              Blowback not working
              Semi nit working
              Firing a 170 fps

I think it be Fu*ked...

Comment

Have you had a look at your piston? And you say your motor was spinning fine but has trouble when connected to the GB have you checked the Sector gear? The rough sound you mention where is it coming from and what pellets are you using?

Sam
                sigpic

Comment

Well I got semi working and thr blowback was an issue with the cover not being in the exact right place

But then it started making the noise like when your motors not quite in enough and now the motor seems to have died,.....

Watch this space - g36 spare parts for sale ad coming soon me thinks

Comment

Your motor might just need raising have you tried this therre should be a hole for a small allen key in the pistol grip try it with different motor heights.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I did bud, now it won't turn over even when out of the box cheers for your help but I don't think it's gonna be cost effective fixing this now

Comment

Ah well thats everythng i can think off atm mate.

Good luck! =]
                        sigpic

Comment

I know what this is. I had the same problem after upgrading my spring in my ares m4 ras2.

When I changed the spring the piston was half engaged, i.e. Pulled half way back.

I simply had to undo everything and take the spring back out. With a battery attached I pressed the trigger on single shot and at the same time pushed the piston back towards the front of the gearbox. So basically u just push the piston all the way back in towards the front of the gb with a long screwdriver. Replaced spring etc and hey presto all working fine.

Sounds horrible I know but releasing the anti verse latch alone did not make any difference hence above.

I think the gb locks up because the teeth on the piston become out of sync with the gears.

Comment

Any luck yet?

Comment

just incase anyone was wondering, this was the problem...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aradoman Find out more about aradoman
                              Working...
                              X